Sweet Bedtime Conversation With My 7 Year Old Son

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bedtime conversation with Matthew, aged 7.

M: "When I am an adult, I'm going to give the dummy in my wardrobe to my baby. I'm only having one baby."

D: "Why?"

M: "Because they cost a lot to feed. I will have milk and chicken dippers and sweets in the fridge because that's what babies like to eat."

D: "Very young babies don't eat chicken dippers. They have milk from their Mummy's boobies."

M: "I will have one baby - a boy - and it will be called Max. I don't know if I'll have a boy or a girl. If I have a girl, I don't know what I'll call it but if it's a boy, it'll be called Max or Archie or Freddie.

You will be Grandpa and Mummy will be Grannima…..and Grannima & Grandpa will be dead.

Will you still live here when you're Grandpa? And will I live here as well?"

D: "Well, you might for a bit. But you might go to uni and learn some very clever things then get a job and earn money to buy a house, or rent one. That's where you pay someone to borrow their house."

M, yawning: "Night, night, Daddy."

Think I must have bored him with the bit about renting houses!!

Sponsored Links
You need to tell him about different types of mortgage and the need to take care in selecting endowment poilcies which may not mature sufficiently to pay off the amount of capital borrowed.

You need to tell him about different types of mortgage and the need to take care in selecting endowment poilcies which may not mature sufficiently to pay off the amount of capital borrowed.

Theres always a realist to spoilit. :evil:

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's so lovely my 5 year old had a conversation with me tonight asking if I remember how much she hiccupped when she was in my tummy and how
I fed her! Precious moments pass so cherish everyone.

That's so lovely my 5 year old had a conversation with me tonight asking if I remember how much she hiccupped when she was in my tummy and how

Can anyone else recall their earliest memory? I recall being in a cot and trying to escape, and being carried up some stairs, must be less than 1..?

Can anyone else recall their earliest memory? I recall being in a cot and trying to escape, and being carried up some stairs, must be less than 1..?

no you dont!
A harsh response i know.. but i make no apologies.. we don't remember things, we remember remebering things... and these things get embellished or re-affirmed... but you really dont get the feeling you had when you were one!! it's a bit like reading a newspaper article about someone and knowing what happened... !!

no you dont!
A harsh response i know.. but i make no apologies.. we don't remember things, we remember remebering things... and these things get embellished or re-affirmed... but you really dont get the feeling you had when you were one!! it's a bit like reading a newspaper article about someone and knowing what happened... !!

You are telling me what I remember? :eek: I don't know what your post is saying really, can you define it?

I recall being in my cot, aged at an age when I would be in a cot, I recall various people visiting, what the decor was, where the cot was situated, and have recalled this information to my parents, who have agreed, as the house burned down a while later, when the Family was out, apparently the fire engine struggled to overtake our car, on it's way to fight the fire, and the family cat was scared out of it's wits, but rescued. The double top loader washing machine, complete with wooden tongues to retrieve clothing, caught fire. All of this fire I have no recollection of, a few years later. That's what I've been told. So the decor would have been changed later on, as I was growing up. But fine to tell me what my memory is. I wonder if you might get a job on the psychic channel?

no you dont!

The double top loader washing machine, complete with wooden tongues to retrieve clothing, caught fire. . I wonder if you might get a job on the psychic channel?
It`s a Twin Tub :idea: which proves you remember it in a child`s way - ;) Bet it was a Rolls . ( not a pun on RR cars) but a cheap one sold by a geezer on TV. :idea: :

Sponsored Links
Back