Sweets, Crisps etc from the 'Olden Days'!!!

I remember the same sweets but with the Blackcurrants and Lemons pictured on a white wrapper.

Sponsored Links
I used to love the sweets in quarters from a jar - pear drops, rhubarb and custard, tom thumb drops, lemonade chrystals that made your finger go yellow. They served them in cone shaped paper bags. Cant remember the price, about sixpence a quarter I think. Do you remember when black jacks were four a penny and gobstoppers really did!

A thrup'penny bit bus fare home bought you loads of sweets and a long walk :D

Sponsored Links
Starburst, made to make your mouth water,fresh with the tang of citrus, four refreshing fruit flavours. Ok hasn't got the same ring to it. ;)

Was not shaped any different from a normals fry`s cream just each section had a different filling.
Lesley jones must have been rich as we could only afford 2 ounces of sweet. :LOL:
Not read all posts but bazooka chewing gum.if you saved enough tokens outof them you could get a miniture submarine, x ray specs and other such stuff or even a sloppy joe .
Other than sylvan does any one remember what that is ?

Was not shaped any different from a normals fry`s cream just each section had a different filling.
There was definitely a version with shaped sections that I can remember it used to break up unevenly due to the shapes and was hard not to break the shape itself and have the liquid centre pour out

Anybody remember Cabanas (chocolate bar) and also those bubble gums that weren't Bazooka Joes but were a round section shape (late seventies/early eighties) ?

Anybody remember those bubble gums that weren't Bazooka Joes but were a round section shape (late seventies/early eighties) ?

anglobubbly_canon.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back