Switched fused connection unit in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can u fit a switched fused connection unit in a bathroom for a towel radiator?

Any straight answers would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can u fit a switched fused connection unit in a bathroom for a towel radiator? ... Plus the circuit will be rcd protected and from the ring final circuit.
Yes, provided that it's not in any of the bathroom 'zones' (i.e. at least 600mm from a bath or shower) and also provided that the manufacturer says that the FCU in question is suitable for use in a bathroom environment.
Any straight answers would be great thanks.
Is the above straight enough?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Is the above straight enough?
Well, it runs nicely enough across my screen...
I'm glad to hear that :)

Seriously, though, it's rather sad that some new posters here feel the need to make comments like that. Lurkers, and those who have 'heard things' clearly sometimes feel that this forum has a reputation for sometimes providing unwelcome and unhelpful, sometimes unpleasant, responses to questions.

Kind Regards, John

Ok thanks John. I was thinking of buying an MK Switched fused connection unit? Do u think that will be ok?

Ok thanks John. I was thinking of buying an MK Switched fused connection unit? Do u think that will be ok?
You're welcome. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is probably not totally straightforward. Although you are required to use an accessory which is suitable for use in a bathroom environment, manufacturers' data is generally silent about this (and that is the case for the data sheets for MK FCUs) - so, strictly speaking, the only way of finding out is to ask them. The danger in doing that is, of course, that they might simply say 'no', just to be safe! Others may have more specific advice to offer.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back