switched light fitting in cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a simple wall light fitting for a hall cupboard. I thought I would be able to buy a simple switched lamp holder, similar to an angled batter holder but switched. Can't find anything. Want to spend as little as possible.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Craig

Sponsored Links
You are better off getting a lamp fitting with a switch.

Something like this:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LLM10W.html

They have individual switches.

Yeah, I saw those but the one I bought, the lead comes in from from the side, and its factory fitted so that you can't get the back off so that I can wire from the rear. I don't want to see any of the wiring.

I can't believe that there isn't a simple switched lamp holder that I can attach to the wall! Arghgh!

Sponsored Links
Cor, you are hard to please.

How about something like THIS.. Its designed as a bathroom wall light but has a switch and cable entry is from the back.

Google bathroom wall light with switch, there are lots about.

I don't want to see any of the wiring.
So how are you going to get the wiring to the rear of the light?

As riveralt says, there are loads of wall lights with switches out there.

DIY cheap-as-chips version:

Dual accessory box, light switch one side, on the other side a blanking plate with batten lampholder fixed to it.

I have a feeling that he has just a feed coming through the ceiling and did not think of a switch. My guess is that the rest of the cupboard is finished and decorated?

I wait, with bated breath, for an update..how exciting

:mrgreen:

I have a feeling that he has just a feed coming through the ceiling and did not think of a switch. My guess is that the rest of the cupboard is finished and decorated?

I wait, with bated breath, for an update..how exciting

:mrgreen:

...and here it is!!! Taylortwocities, I assume that couldn't sleep last night waiting for update?...

Anyway..you are spot on, I have a feed only in this cupboard, it happens to be coming through the wall... and yes, its decorated etc and I don't want to have to install a switch! It was like this when I bought the house.

I am going to keep looking for a suitable fitting - switched, wired from the rear and most importantly, cheap!....

Next instalment of this thrilling post coming soon....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back