replacing switched lampholder on standard lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

It's been a while.... but hoping someone might be able to help

My elderly next door neighbour has one of those old fashioned wooden standard lamps and the plastic switched lampholder on the top of it has gone (switch stopped latching on). He's rather attached to the light and I'd like to repair it, but despite searching the internet, can't find anything suitable to replace the lamp holder. It seems to screw into the top of the wooden 'pole'.

Any suggestions?

Even if I can't find a switched holder, a non switched would do and I can put an inline switch in the flex supplying it

Fingers crossed - thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
Threaded brass lampholders used to be readily available, are they still ?

I havn't had to obtain one for a long time.

you can buy those switched lampholders with a threaded end quite easily.

i take it is just a normal lampholder like on most standard lights.

a diy shop, ironmonger, wilkinson or electrical wholesaler should have one.

a brass one is also available but i think it has a smaller threaded end on it, and obviously needs an earth.

Sponsored Links
Ah, thanks guys.

I didn't realise you could get lampholders that were threaded. I'm pretty sure the light will have no earth, so will go for the plastic one.

Many thanks again

SB

Just repaired an old (40 years) table lamp and found new fiting at my local glory hole (neighbourhood supplier) just had to replace flex with three core.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back