T2150CDT WiFi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I have this old Toshiba T2150CDT laptop, which I am trying to connect to the Internet via WiFi card.

Has anyone been successful with any WiFi connection?

Does anyone know how to add a USB connection?

Thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Give us some more details. Operating system and wifi card model would certainly be a start.

If the laptop doesn't have USB (I'm pretty sure it doesn't) then you can buy a PCMCIA (PC card) USB adaptor to provide USB support or you could buy a dedicated PCMCIA wireless network adaptor. Bear in mind that most new devices won't necessarily work on old operating systems.

The 6.9-pound Satellite Pro is built on a solid fou ndation: a 75-MHz 486DX4 processor with 8 MB of RAM (expandable to 32 MB) and a 500-MB internal hard drive. There's also an internal double-speed CD-ROM drive that opens from the right side of the machine

Probably running windows 3.1 or maybe 95, earlier versions of 95 dont have USB support, and even later versions have "issues" with USB, to be honest, a pcmcia - usb adapter will cost more then the laptop is worth.....

Sponsored Links
The OS is Win98SE

Using Xircom CEM56 for LAN connection.

As for the WiFi card, I've tried D-Link G630 Cardbus (32 bit)
Does not reconized the card in the slot.

Maybe I should install USB card adapter.

Hey Crafty1289, What configuration (hrwd/swft) did you use?

Thx ;)

You're using a 486? I had one of those in 1994. Cost me over a thousand squid. 4 Mb of memory when I bought it (but i soon upgraded to 8 )

Can't see that it will be capable of doing USB even with the service pack. And power will be grossly inadequate.

Chubbs said:
The OS is Win98SE

Using Xircom CEM56 for LAN connection.

As for the WiFi card, I've tried D-Link G630 Cardbus (32 bit)
Does not reconized the card in the slot.

Maybe I should install USB card adapter.

Hey Crafty1289, What configuration (hrwd/swft) did you use?

Thx ;)

The Dlink card you mention is compatible with Windows 98, so I would suggest that the problem lies elsewhere. You might be wasting your time spending more cash on this old beast.

I'll give it one more shot with the USB adapter, see if that will help.

Thx for your help.

Great forum.

:D

Sponsored Links
Back