Taken for a ride? Boiler swap

So when you do sign off an install what does that include? Boiler, flue and gas line. Does that also include any other pipework up to the boiler?

As far as Im aware there is no other ticket needed in a domestic property apart from Unvented Cylinders.

you have to put you flush the pipework .
what you used , temp on flow and return etc etc .
many things that we do as the norm .but we dont expect you to understand.
if it was that easy everybody would be doing it and there would be no need for RGI .

Sponsored Links
Yes Norcon its a few bits of paper,which say i am registered to do my job,if it was written on stone tablet then yes i would still be qualified

I have met the criteria as set out by the government via the HSE and regulated by GSR

so those bits of paper are the proof of my competance to ply my trade

Damn HTENG we may even become friend :D :D :D you just have to learn to relax mate and realise when im just winding you up ,and not being serious :p :p

you also need to learn that other people can also be right. :LOL:

to be honest it happens all the time when ever i go on a forum and say that i worked for BG i get attacked from RGI not sure why but its ture.

i for one am not here to support or promote BG but i will not slag them off as i have already said i feel there better than most .

Happyplumber and heating eng are now friends :cool:

There is a need for RGI and I respect the work they do and how they got there, thats why I dont touch gas.

I do know my limits just dont like being tarnished with the same brush as some DIYers who dont have a clue.

This makes me laugh. I'm sorry but your slagging this guy off for asking why someone wants to charge £1000 to hang a boiler and connect his pipework?

I love the way everyone is trying to belittle him and make him think there is some good given power dished out to all RGI's. Basic plumbing (like a flow and return) is no harder than painting and decorating as long as you know how, it's not brain surgery.

OP, I'd snatch your hand off for a grand to do what your asking, so long as there was a contract explaining that the pipework is your responsibility and additional costs may be charged if the job couldn't be finished as planned.

I know there are regional variations on pricing, but even 2 days labour ( one too hang and pipe boiler, one to run new gas supply) £500 a day, yes please.

Sponsored Links
how do you normal people expect me to get buy on £500.00 a day

how the hell would i pay for my audi q7, detached house double garage,
3 trips to usa a year

i must turn £1200 a day over

how do you normal people expect me to get buy on £500.00 a day

how the hell would i pay for my audi q7, detached house double garage,
3 trips to usa a year

i must turn £1200 a day over
If you pm your credit card number, name and security number, then I'll reimburse any shortfall ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back