Worcester Bosch v Baxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after getting a new combi boiler and had/have settled on the W/B Greenstar Junior 28I however I have 3 guys round to price it up (not been given a price yet) and they all favour Baxi and the Duo-Tec Combi HE 28KW.......question is why? am I missing something here?

I know both boilers appear to be priced the same but does anyone have a very rough cost to install one, it would be a straight forward replacement of an old combi (13yr old) with all pipes etc in place (no rads, powerflush etc).

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
no powerflush ?

how many times have i heard its straight forward.

whats involved in condensate disposal ?

If the system (radiators/pipes) isn't clean it may invalidate any warranty.

You get what you pay for, so fit the Worcester and save Baxi a call out!

Sponsored Links
:oops:
Missed the "no powerflush". Dont waste a WB, someone might know where you can buy a throw away boiler, that comes complete without a warranty.

providing the existing combi system hasn't been leaking and been topped up every week why would you need a powerflush on a decent sealed system?

I'd favour the baxi over a junior, but a CDi (or better still a vaillant) over the Baxi!
Duotec's aint small though ! but hot water performance is better.

The junior is worcesters entry level boiler, doesnt even have hot water thermostat/control (preset at 55oC)

Sam

I........they all favour Baxi and the Duo-Tec Combi HE 28KW.......question is why?

Well at one time Baxi were doing a £200 cash back for the installers :rolleyes: not sure whether they still are though.

The Worcester Junior is full of plastic and I suspect will be a maintainance headache after a few years. Just remember you're paying a lot extra for a Worcester to cover their exorbitant advertising budget (not for a quality boiler) :)

I........they all favour Baxi and the Duo-Tec Combi HE 28KW.......question is why?

Well at one time Baxi were doing a £200 cash back for the installers :rolleyes: not sure whether they still are though.

The Worcester Junior is full of plastic and I suspect will be a maintainance headache after a few years. Just remember you're paying a lot extra for a Worcester to cover their exorbitant advertising budget (not for a quality boiler) :)

I agree completely. The WB are are a headache waiting to happen. The Baxi's are really solid pieces of kit, with the advantages of a Stainless steel heat exchanger, cheaper spares (should you need them) and it is much much quieter in operation the WB. Also aeasthetically it looks much more the part than the WB.

Cheers for the replies, the reason for no powerflush is one was done 3 years ago and the rads are all fine no leaking etc.

Fitted lots of baxis and i like them, fitted a few wb and thought them a pain in the a%&*.
The wb had been changed but not the installation manual !!,
Only had one problem baxi duotec, went down after a week with fan, changed next day, then again a week later and baxi fitted a new boiler straight away.
But its all down to installer preferance and probably what was fitted by whoever they trained with.

Are you considering an appliance with a two year warentee and then paying BG/Eon £200 pa for a further 3 years warentee?

If so why not go for an appliance which is manufactured by a company that is prepared to offer a five year warrantee , and which will probably cost less over the five year period.

Viessmann of Ferroli do boilers that come with five year warrantee, and their appliance is caparble of working with Weather Temperature Compensation unlike Worcester Bosch or Baxi.

If the people quoting for the work don't mention WTC then you may want to ask your self why?

Tim

Baxi Platinum 28kw comes with a 5 year manufacturers parts and labour warranty at £950 beat that.

Make sure you sample the water quality or even put in a chemical cleanser {£20} for a few days before the boiler swap as you do not want to invalidate the warranty.

Pete

Sambotc Why would something as you describe need a powerflush . Simple it is a way of ripping people off by selling them something they don`t need . And customers believe them :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Baxi Platinum 28kw comes with a 5 year manufacturers parts and labour warranty at £950 beat that.

Make sure you sample the water quality or even put in a chemical cleanser {£20} for a few days before the boiler swap as you do not want to invalidate the warranty.

Pete

Compare that with a ferroli which will probably out last the Platinum, and as for the Viessmann, well they are a nice piece of kit ;) but more importantly why not have a boiler that is controlled by the out side temperature sensor to condense almost all of the time and so reduce your gas consumption. Instead of only condensing on start up from cold?

Tim

PS why pay two install fee,s in a ten year period when you could buy a quality boiler and only pay one fee, and use less gas over that period. (an, its a no brainer, emoticon)

PPS don't forget to fit a Magnaclean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back