Taking back control?

:eek: You'll be having earthquakes soon. Take it there are no gas seems so fracking as well is out? :mrgreen:

The most likely method for extraction, think thermal springs. Drill two bore holes, hot water comes up (rich in lithium), extract the lithium and shove the water back down the other hole. This is the greenest method and it has potential for energy supply as well.
Alternatively it's breaking down the granite to extract the lithium deposits. In most areas the granite is only several feet below the surface so any mining would be open cast and would depend on where the richest sources are.

Cornish Lithium Ltd | Lithium exploration within Cornwall, UK

Where I live china clay was extensively mined, extracted from the granite, all open cast. It's still mined today but only a fraction of what was once mined. If you have a look at St Austell on Google Earth you'll see the extent of the mining and the proximity of the granite to the surface. No need to crawl down flooded holes.

china-clay-works-cornwall-eac281617-1624855.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you have a look at St Austell

I have seen it. Holidays there many times when young. ;) If I go to the sw these days I get totally put off by the shear number of holiday people there. ;I They seem to have organised a pedestrian one way system in some of the more well know places.

My personal favourite was being dropped of in Lostwithiel to fish for trout while my parents did what ever. Same at a farm we stopped on several time and also a place that I think went by the name Duck Pool - too many eels there though.

Sponsored Links
Back