tamper fault lockout on accenta 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello wizards

Please help this is giving me headaches.

I have recently installed an accenta 4 panel, I've got 4 zones only (2 PIR + 2 Contacts), if i leave the link on the "TAMP" on the main board everything works fine, but then when i try to use the tamper feature, i have the message "tamper fault lockout" on my RKP.

I am using the "green" and "white" cables for the tamper zones, this is what i've done:

1) left side of "TAMP" starts with "green" of zone 1
2) "white" of zone 1 is connected to "green" of zone 2
3) "white" of zone 2 is connected to "green" of zone 3
4) "white" of zone 3 is connected to "green" of zone 4
5) "white" of zone 4 is connected to right side of "TAMP"

please tell me what am i doing wrong

many thanks friends

Sponsored Links
id say you have a tamper fault on one of those devices. Try metering them in turn to see which one is in fault. Then rectify it

If you don't have a meter then connect them one by one until the fault shows up.

Thanks securitywarehouse & joe-90, i found that one of the 2 PIR was the source of the problem, it's sorted.

talking about meters, i connected the zones wires of one of the contacts straight to the 12 volts battery :eek: to play with the new meter, and guess what i burnt it, wot a plonker.

thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
To anyone haveing tamper fault lockout. I will only post this once. I had the problem on my Gen 4 mini. I had found out it was a broken wire between keypad and c/panel caused by workmen by front door maintenance. When corrected the problem still persisted to lockout. THE CAUSE WAS IN THE KEYPAD. THE SMELL TAMPER SPRING ON RKPAD WAS NOT EXPANDED ENOUGH TO CONTACT PLASTIC CASING. Remedy was to carefully slightly stretch spring a very small amount. Problem solved. Hope this helps

The tamper switch on the keypads seems pants, I've had to do the above on 2 of the 3 new RKP's I fitted recently. Both brand new units.

What is the propensity to keep calling a Tamper Fault (that's what it is) a Tamper Fault Lockout? Lockout? Why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back