tamper light on veritas alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help? I have just spent many hours trying to resolve a problem with our house alarm (rather than pay the £90 the installers want to come out to it).

I recently removed the cover from one of the sensors whilst decorating. This activated the tamper alarm so I had to enter my user code and reset to stop the alarm. However, whatever I have tried, I can't get rid of the tamper light and the system will not work or re-arm. I have looked at the sensor and compared it with another one and can't see anything there that looks different and I have read the engineers manual (well, looked at the pictures really, as I understood very little)!

Does anyone have an idiot's guide please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A picture of the detector would help to get the correct advise.

The cover is not on correctly, a wire has come loose, a spring has gone missing, etc etc.

A picture would really help.

Probably needs a engineers reset.

Engineers tamper reset will probably be active.
Do you just get a flat beep when trying to reset it or the two tone accept noise?

as above, on engineer reset on tamper.

Why did you not ask the installers before you took the lid off.
Its an alarm, with tamper circuits to prevent people messing with it...............................What did you think you paid for?

Sponsored Links
I agree with Alarm, tamper circuits are there to stop it being tamperd with by the wrong people, thats why we have engineers to fit the alarms and correct the faults. Not just any old john who think they can do it.

Probably needs a engineers reset.

Engineers tamper reset will probably be active.
Do you just get a flat beep when trying to reset it or the two tone accept noise?

Just a flat beep.

as above, on engineer reset on tamper.

Why did you not ask the installers before you took the lid off.
Its an alarm, with tamper circuits to prevent people messing with it...............................What did you think you paid for?

I assumed that I would be able to reset myself as I had with previous alarm, whenever I decorated!

The cover is not on correctly, a wire has come loose, a spring has gone missing, etc etc.

Thanks for the reply, will try to upload picture later.

I agree with Alarm, tamper circuits are there to stop it being tamperd with by the wrong people, thats why we have engineers to fit the alarms and correct the faults. Not just any old john who think they can do it.

I see your point, but do I really need an engineer's visit every time I want to decorate a room?? Seem's mad to me. Why can't I do a user reset - I thought that was one of the reasons for a pin.

Thanks for the reply, will try to upload picture later.

Uploaded pictures - not quite sure where they went though! There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the sensor so perhaps I just need to bite the bullet and pay the £90 odd quid. Decorating is going to get very expensive! Perhaps I can ask the engineer to reset so that I can do it myself in future.

Unit Will Not Set and Bleeps 9 Times
The system has a tamper fault and the Tamper light will be on.

I see your point, but do I really need an engineer's visit every time I want to decorate a room?? Seem's mad to me. Why can't I do a user reset - I thought that was one of the reasons for a pin.

If you were under a maintenance contract with us, you would pay a reduced labour rate for any works needed. So for something like that, if you were local to us you'd only be talking an hours labour at most, that to remove, refit and test.

If your not under any contract most firms will charge a call out each time which gets expensive. The tamper circuit as mentioned is there to protect he system, as is engineer lock out (dependent on system

Uploaded pictures - not quite sure where they went though! There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the sensor so perhaps I just need to bite the bullet and pay the £90 odd quid. Decorating is going to get very expensive! Perhaps I can ask the engineer to reset so that I can do it myself in future.
Jeez,
Did you get them second hand off Noah's boat?

just also had a look at the PIR photo!!!

boy, are they old ones!!!

if you can afford it, get them changed for modern ones,
they look like single shot PIR detectors, no pulse count, or anything else!!!

and you have a reasonble new panel???
did the installing company suggest that you had them changed???
they should have done!!!

the new ones will look much nicer in you newly decorated house as well!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back