Tap adaptor for sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to replace a tap adaptor on to a kitchen sink. It is a old monoblock tap with only the threads under the sink. Do basin tap adaptor a fit on them ok? I was trying a flexible basin tap adaptor on it, but I could not seem to get it on the threads. I thought the threads would of been half inch like a basin, what could be going wrong? It is definitely not 3/4 threads. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are talking about a monobloc mixer and you have 2 threaded holes that you are trying to screw the flexi pipe into where the hot and cold tails screw into? It could be either an M10 or M12 end (10mm or 12mm).

No, it is a old monoblock tap mixer and has two threads like a basin tap underneath the sink. I would of through the they would be 1/2 inch, and that is what they look like, but the 15mm flexible adaptor seems just a little too small. Should the threads be 1/2 like a basin? Or could they be a odd size? It is plastic threads.

Sponsored Links
Oh I see, it's just a deck mixer tap you're talking about, a monobloc is something different. If it's for a sink it should take a 1/2" BSP tap connector, if it's for a bath it'll be a 3/4" tap connector.
Plastic threads tho....that's unusual... usually brass. Threads may be chewed then if they won't fit.

Yes deck mixer on a sink. I would of thought they would be brass too. Is there anything I can do to get the tap adaptor on to chewed plastic? Any tricks, or advice?

Only thing you can really do is have it off the sink and then try and fit the connector onto it when it's off. Run the nut up and down a few times to re shape the thread. If that doesn't work then it's a new tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back