Tap symbol always on Vaillant 637 system boiler

arh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that the tap symbol (solid not flashing) is always on my boiler screen even when the boiler is off. Is this a problem? Everthing is working fine. System with unvented unistor cylinder. Could these be a motorised valve issue? System is 7 years old. Last year the motorised valve was replaced.

Sponsored Links
Doubt if you have 937, that is a combi. 637 more likely.

Were you standing upside down?

How do you control this unit, do you have a Vaillant controller (which one) or some third party controls?

Sponsored Links
It is connected via a honeywell 7 daytimer. A while ago the hot water zone valve was replaced. Could this be wrong wiring issue? Even with the boiler off the tap symbol remains. I am concered that the water may overheat the cylinder if it is permanently heating the water all of the time. I do not think that this was the case before.

Is the boiler on all the time?

The early 637 had a tap knob on the facia and a tap symbol. The former is not used in your configuration, the boiler is only on when the rad symbol is shown on the display, when either HW or CH is on, or both.

Yes you are right as the hw temp knob does nothing. Thank you for the confirmation. Glad to know that I can ignore the tap symbol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back