teacher who seduced a 15-year-old

Damocles said:
So thats ff is better than mm, which is better than mf. right. Doesn't that rather suggest the whole notion of a legal age of consent is a bit absurd?

Heres another on, if I remember it right. 60 year old chats up (etc!) 16 year old. 16 year old chats up 15 year old. Guess who might be breaking the law?

IIRC there are actually various legal exceptions in the age of consent, depending on the age of each partner and their gender. For instance, it is unlikely that two 15 year olds sleeping together would be slapped with statutory rape. Also, a magistrate would be unlikely to convict a 16 year old for having consentual sex with their 15-year old partner.

A portuguese friend tells me that in Portugal they don't really have a legally-defined age-of-consent, instead relying on a case-by-case judgement. Apparently it works, a 35-year-old won't think "Well, she looks 18 and says she is" and then find out she is 15. Instead people tend to stick to people their own age or who most definitely ARE legal. I am rubbish at guessing ages, at 21 I was going out with a 28-year old, we both thought the other was 24 and thus not too big a gap! But there was no way either of us could have been illegally young by any stretch of precocious adolescence.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I would disagree, I would say that mt/mp is worst of all. That isn't homophobia, it is because at that age you can't be certain of sexuality. .

If you are not certain of your sexuality then surely it would not make much difference which sex the teacher was!

AdamW said:
If the pupil is destined to be heterosexual but is in a bi/homo-curious phase, this could cause major psychological problems for the rest of his life.

If the pupil is destined to be homosexual but is in a hetero-curious phase, this could cause major psychological problems for the rest of his life.

I did actually consider that, approached from 2 angles in fact (oo-err)!

1) According to statistics I have read, 1 in 10 men are gay (although to be honest I think it is much lower, I know loads of blokes and few of them are gay).

Therefore, you are more likely to end up with a bi-curious heterosexual than a hetero-curious homosexual.

2) Some gay men have slept with women. There is no social stigma to a guy having sex with a woman. However, the same is not true of homosexual experimentation.

If I went in to work tomorrow morning and told my colleagues I had been up all night having sex with a woman, there might be appreciative nods, even a "Lucky s*d". However, it I went in and said I had been up all night having sex with a man, I'm not so sure they would appreciate it.

Heterosexual sex is something you can talk about openly (within reason). Homosexual sex, while accepted as a valid life choice by most of the population, is still seen as something that is done in private by society at large.

With x-thousand users on here, and only one openly gay man, I would imagine there are a fair few blokes on here who have had sex with a man and don't ever talk about it, but there is a LOT of heterosexual commentary and innuendo!

AdamW said:
I would imagine there are a fair few blokes on here who have had sex with a man and don't ever talk about it, !

It's alright, you can share it with us!

Sponsored Links
Hey, it doesn't count if it's with yourself... does it?!

Now assuming the statistics are in fact correct, and your other point about mm not being socially acceptable is also true, perhaps you should start re-thinking which of those guys has been lying to you?

Well, it's like any statistical group. If one in ten men were in fact gay, that doesn't mean if you know 30 blokes then 3 will be gay. Perhaps gay men don't go in for my kind of job, my kind of parties, my kind of friends.

As to the social acceptability: I've never heard of a closet heterosexual! No-one worries about what others will think about being heterosexual, but I would imagine for a homosexual you do have to be able to judge your surroundings and the people around you before saying something that reveals yourself as gay.

When I was young I shared a house with my best mate (it was a thatch cottage in little shelford but that's not important just by the by) anyway it was in the early seventies bowie had said he was bi so it was fairly hip to be the same certainly gay was no longer considered deviant (in my circle of friends) and one evening in the pub one of our friends asked us if we was gay, Well I started to say that I wasn't but stopped and said that I hadn't thought about it but didn't think so, after that evening I started to question my sexuality, If it hadn't been for David Bowie I probably wouldn't have even considered it, I'm not saying that its a good or bad thing but I suspect that its good, anyway I never had sex with a fella and and find the idea repulsive but I realise that this is due to my upbringing or social brainwashing, I haven't ever found a man attractive although I recognise a handsome man when I see one. I'm not sure at this stage what point I was trying to make but I suspect that we are all abit gay in varying degrees.:cool:

Lucky s*d, I'm sure I used to dream about that sort of thing when I was 15 :LOL: In fact I think I still dream about it.

Richardp said:
When I was young I shared a house with my best mate (it was a thatch cottage in little shelford but that's not important just by the by) anyway it was in the early seventies bowie had said he was bi so it was fairly hip to be the same certainly gay was no longer considered deviant (in my circle of friends) and one evening in the pub one of our friends asked us if we was gay, Well I started to say that I wasn't but stopped and said that I hadn't thought about it but didn't think so, after that evening I started to question my sexuality, If it hadn't been for David Bowie I probably wouldn't have even considered it, I'm not saying that its a good or bad thing but I suspect that its good, anyway I never had sex with a fella and and find the idea repulsive but I realise that this is due to my upbringing or social brainwashing, I haven't ever found a man attractive although I recognise a handsome man when I see one. I'm not sure at this stage what point I was trying to make but I suspect that we are all abit gay in varying degrees.:cool:

All young people if they admitted it question their sexuality at some time.
This is a normal part of growing up!!

I agree that sexuality can be quite 'fluid' at certain times in peoples lives.

For example, men who are in prison may have sexual contact with other men because there are no women around - when they come out of prison they go back to having sex with women and never have another encounter ever with a man.
I think I also read something once about WW2 - some women had sexual relationships with other women at that time because there was a 'shortage' of men. ;)

I guess it's about adapting to certain given situations to find comfort and affection the best way one can. :) :)

It is a good thing to question your sexuality. You can't be certain unless you test it to some extent.

I tried checking when I was 18. I watched a "special" gay film, not a twitch. Really didn't do anything for me. Then I tried watching a "special" film involving a man and a woman, thought it was quite interesting. :D So, I think I can be fairly certain that it didn't do anything for me.

An old school mate of mine really made sure: he was out clubbing in our first year of uni one night. This gay guy bought him a drink. As Alex recounts it, "Well, the guy bought me a drink, I owed him a snog at the very least!". So, he tried snogging the guy, didn't enjoy it, so that was that! :LOL:

I have also asked a couple of gay guys in the past if I register on their gaydar, only one of them said yes but I think he was trying to wind up his friend (who happened to be my girlfriend back then).

Sponsored Links
Back