Technical Preview (Win10)

Windows all the way for me, swevered ME and Vista big time, never even bothered with Windows 8 as it was a close match to Windows 7 but with a ridiculous non PC friendly Metro UI, even installed a 3rd party Windows 7 start menu but over time it got slower and slower so I went back to Windows 7.

All these Apple lovers are 100% deluded, fair enough Apple make decent hardware but you are paying 3 times more for it, I could buy 3 laptops per 1 macbook so work it out!!!

Its the same with iPhones, clowns paying over the odds for a iPhone 6 that is technically on a par with a 2 year old Nexus, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Possibly one of the main drivers why windows 8 was always going to be unsuccessful was not personal usage, but business usage, one of the highest costs for rolling out a new business OS is user re-training, also another big big problem was that the certifications to become a M$ developer were radically changed from win7 to win8 unsurprisingly.

I have to say I don't like the look of windows 10, looks like a mish mash to me... although that said I have never actually used either windows 8 or indeed windows 10.... allegedly there was a windows 9, but it was considered too good! (whatever that means)

+1 for apple products being hugely overhyped, expensive, proprietary and worst of all ..... sloooow!

Could be useful - It works here - Edwardio...

For: WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso

In: VMware Player 6.0.3 build-1895310

NB! Using 'Guest' as Win8 x64 !!

Hardware:

Options:

Also Installed VMwaretools.

Get 'Ploughed in'to it ! :D

-0-

Sponsored Links
Could be useful - It works here - Edwardio...

For: WindowsTechnicalPreview-x64-EN-US.iso

In: VMware Player 6.0.3 build-1895310

NB! Using 'Guest' as Win8 x64 !!

Hardware:

Options:

Also Installed VMwaretools.

Get 'Ploughed in'to it ! :D

-0-

I know, I need a play machine, that i can fiddle with, without the necessity of making sure this one always works.

Tried to install win10 preview in a VM...... fail..... sigh!

I installed yesterday via a boot able pen drive I cooked up,

Not every impressed by it first impression but it's better than windows 8

Why don't you install it on your pc why does it need to be vm

Tried to install win10 preview in a VM...... fail..... sigh!

I installed yesterday via a boot able pen drive I cooked up,

Not every impressed by it first impression but it's better than windows 8

Why don't you install it on your pc why does it need to be vm

Because my lappy seems very resistant to change! An attempted update to win8 was aborted after around 15 failed attempts, and attempting a win10 update fails as well, there being no official workaround for the problem other than format rebuild from scratch but I CBA with all the faffing about.

Back