Teenage Worries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 19 year old who is slowly turning back into an eight year old that can't keep hold of his keys. He likes to climb the guttering a 3am to get in the house and he has now managed to snap some of the guttering. Can anyone reccomend a cheap and strong form of guttering that is a) difficult to climb and b) can hold the weight of a skinny 19year old?... and also a fostering agency (only joking) :confused:

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
Yes, it's called whip him into shape, get him to repair the guttering out of his own pocket, and read the riot act.

Take his games console, mp3 and mobile phone and sell on ebay to pay for the repair :)

All dually noted and all been done, imposing a drinking ban while he's living with me might be a good idea too! :D

Sponsored Links
You only really have cheap plastic or expensive cast iron guttering.

To be honest Noseall has a pretty good idea with the grease thing :idea:

Just undo the top bracket, so that on his next escapade, when halfway up, the downpipe will come off and he will hang there comedy fashion

Wrap some barb wire around the pipe :evil:
Then install a giant teenager sized dog flap, one that's operated by a magnetic collar that he'll have to wear at all times.

I once came home one night sans keys after a late sesh. Saw me old man asleep in front of the telly through the back window, turned out he'd been on the pi** as well, couldn't wake him in a million years! Banging on the window and knocking on the front door for ages. I spent 3 cold hours in the garden. Was only when I decided to dig a ladder out to try and reach the bathroom window that he decided to wake up. He went out into the kitchen and looked out to see me wresting with an 18ft ladder on the patio.

e1_1.JPG

Fit it near an outdoor light. Put a long and inconvenient chain on the key to discourage him from losing it.

you can set the combination to be the same as his PIN.

they are not as secure as a front door lock, so I suggest you put a latch key in it, not the deadlock key. If he loses a latch key make him pay for a new cylinder and keys.

otherwise put the key on a chain round his neck

when I fitted one of these I put it where you can't see it when standing at the front door (it is on the house side wall) e.g. if you are a deliverman or leafletter

p.s. if you can fix him up with a nice divorcee, she'll probably keep him until after breakfast time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back