Telecom Elite Power Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, Alarm is showing Power O/P fault System 12v. The strange thing is this fault only shows when entering the house with the alarm set. It doesn't show on part armed and at no other time.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
interesting its only displaying the fault during entry?

I would down power completely, battery first, then mains, battery back on then mains back on and reprogram time and date, then retry arming and the entry route to see if its still being displayed on entry only.

Thanks for the advice will give it a go. I presume there isn't an option to do a soft reset on the telecom system?

Hi, Farleigh, did you get this issue sorted? Im having the same problem

Hi, did you fix this issue? I have the same problem!
Any help be great

Hi Manblue,

Am afraid the issue seems to have resolved itself.

I did power off the system but didn't let the battery run out and powered back on. I had had a lot of work done in the house so the electrics were fiddled with so I think it settled down. Very happy with the system although the UI could be better.

Thanks for your replie, i have contacted texecom and done the usual checks, they seem to think it may be the psu

Seems a common issue ! Too much to go wrong , you don't get issues with the wire wound transformer .

Well it seems my issue has come back and strangely its always in the colder months. Had it serviced by an engineer and all seems fine with the battery but now I’m wondering if my PSU is also at fault. I did a menu 4 for the version and this is what I’m running.

Elite 24 SW V2.11.19LS1

How can I tell it’s the PSU? Are they easy to replace myself? What’s the cost and which one do I need?

Thanks

They are available to order on request I believe, but I am sure by the time they are at a distributor they end up about £40 I believe, I haven't bought one yet as only replaced the odd one or two with power supplies provided by the manufacturer as its a known issue.

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/ they have the 2.5A £37.36 and the 1.5A £34.02 plus about £5 delivery charge.

Given the age (estimate 5yrs ish) of the unit and not knowing what all the symptoms are its possible it could be a flat battery, the temperature can affect how the battery behaves.

when one of these psu's is faulty, poor time keeping and mains power faults show, although when you disconnect the battery the panel tends to remain powered up.

Your alarm engineer should have checked the battery condition at the service.

We have changed a few on systems maintained with perfectly good batteries , and the new power supplies don't cure the clock issue...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back