Telecom Elite Power Fault

it is a known problem with the PSU, its been reported since the introduction of The Elite panels.

I am saying that the battery can cause a power fault as described, but when the PSU is faulty it is usually accompanied with poor clock timing and ac mains fail.

Texecom have suggested in the past that the clock performance was due to dirty mains, they even sent a bulletin out to that effect and had a firmware update that was suppose to help address the issue.

From my experience, the firmware did little for the clock and the replacement PSU did resolve it, the clock is based in the frequency of the mains, on a good clean supply the frequency will vary only a little, as for a dirty mains, well I am not a sparky and I haven't seen it.

The last one I did was a few months ago now and its now keeping good time, that particular panel did say mains power off but when the battery was disconnected the panel was still powered up so clearly the mains was still on. It was flashed up with firmware to correct the timing first but it didnt work, replacing the PSU did.

what did resolve the clock issue in your cases, or has it ben put on crystal and corrected that way.

Sponsored Links
Well the strange thing is ....I had a non elite 168 with no issues on keeping time, swopped to an elite 168 that's when the time issue started , changed the psu and upgraded the software ( not on v4 yet as I always wait untill the bugs are sorted ) still the same even had a go at ajusting the clock timing ....given up now can't be bothered , will see what V4.01 does ....ps not all panels with the faulty psu have had time issues , as you have said most just report " no mains " but mains supply is ok

Not the first to do that, for certain, think the 3/01 and 3.02 claim better time keeping but I never saw any improvement until I swapped out the psu, which in theory should be the same one for the 168. I know some have replacedone with another faulty one, but that was a long time ago now.

don't think any software is ever 100% bug free?

don't do many 168's, I start with the 48, well I used to, now theres a 64W which is probably better value but I still want 8 zones on the panel and alas only get 4 on the W range and built in wireless expander of which I am also not a fan of.

Most panel upgrades are then straightish swaps I know you can add hard worried expanders or keypads but still think the 64W are less flexible than they could be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back