Telecom wireless bell batteries

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Telecom Premier Elite with a wireless bell. Batteries are around five years old so have had a good run! No low battery alarm but went straight to supervision fault and I suspect the batteries. I have 8xlithium AAs.

As there is a supervision fault I can try the bell disable by pressing "omit" in the engineer menu but will that work? Seems unlikely. Will the bell sound as soon as I put new batteries in and anything I can/should do apart from wearing ear defenders?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So an update for anyone who needs to do this...

When I put the new batteries in (wearing ear defenders lol) the box tamper was activated and the internal sounder sounded, but not the external one.

Strangely the box stayed in tamper even when I armed and disarmed the alarm. I ran a bell test and that cleared the tamper.

Probably not enough power in the batteries to sound when you opened it given it was in supervision mode, some wireless bell boxes have power for coms and power for sound, so no coms (supervision fault). may get a loud shock when opening device. Risco bells have 2 and 3 CR123As can’t remember which is coms and which is sounder. Texecom and some others only have the one power going to the unit, so coms fail due to low battery sounder won’t trigger either.

When you power the unit back up by putting batteries in it assumes that your working on it and you get a grace period after Closing the lid. You may get a short chirp as you power up the bell.

Usually see the LEDs change that should be in the manual.

The tamper on the panel, don’t know where you in engineers mode? as normally when a tamper is activated it doesn’t trigger the alarm when panels in engineers mode.so suspect you weren’t in engineering.

Sounds all normal, not getting the low battery warning isn’t so good though.

Thanks, it's the Texecom Oddessey bell so a single set of 8xAA for everything.

Yes good point, I set bell omit in master user mode so next time I should use engineer to avoid the tamper.

Sponsored Links
Sounds all normal, not getting the low battery warning isn’t so good though.

I've had the same problem with various ricochet bits like the shocks. Seems to have got better since they replaced all my shocks under the recall but maybe the bell is still on old firmware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back