telephone ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i am looking for a control station that will allow me to use my mobile telephone to switch various consumers on i.e room thermostat, lights etc,

i have seen them on t.v and was interested in fitting one to my house but not sure what they are called.

thank you dave...

Sponsored Links
Something like this appears to be what you're looking for, but this sort of thing is pretty old hat now. You're basically talking about home automation, and for that a computer running HA software such as HomeSeer, HAL, Cinemar, [insert your choice here] along with a modem would be far more flexible. The latter would also allow you to use plug-in X10 appliance switches/dimmers if you'd prefer to stay away from hardwiring.

This system works great in the test lab, but the real world is very different....get all this stuff and be prepared for plenty of hassle, not to mention the cost

i just want a simple set up so i can turn lights on and maybe put the heating on when i am away from home

Sponsored Links
why not opt for a plug in time switch?

I wouldnt recoment it for a heater, just incase something has fallen in front of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back