Temp' fix needed for combo valve

15 Feb 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the Alpha CB28 in my house in the near future c.o a re-mortgage.
But I need to temporarily stop the four buckets a day's worth of water that is dropping out of a valve on the base.

Can someone advise on what this valve is and if/how it can be done. Pics to follow once I sus out how to post from an iphone
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The bit pictured with drip is the drain point for boiler. Can you nip it up a bit or is it fully tightened?
Fully tightened as far as I can tell.
There's a tightening nut on it but I thought that was just for securing it on. I'll have a play.
It's the small nipple like one with drip in pic at right side of pic I'm talking about in case you are asking about something else.
Yep that's the one.
Doesn't seem to want to turn much more.
I'm turning the spanner from right to left, is that the correct way?
-stupid question, but I genuinely have no idea about this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links