Temporarily removing a pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a texecom veritas r8. I need to remove the pir in the kitchen while the place is refurbished.

Is it simply a case of entering the engineers code and getting on with it? Can I link the tamper and alarm pairs on the cable so i can reset the alarm to full service? Or do I need to program that zone out?

Sponsored Links
Link out zone in control panel and link out tamper .Remove power connection for kitchen pir and then you can still use reset of alarm system

And I can do all that without triggering a full alarm by entering the engineers code followed by prog prior to starting work? Then reset afterwards.

It won't trigger full alarm when unset , internal only ...put in the code ...but yes if you have the engineer code ....who installed it ? It could be engineer locked !

Sponsored Links
It won't trigger full alarm when unset , internal only ...put in the code ...but yes if you have the engineer code ....who installed it ? It could be engineer locked !
A friend installed it, he left the codes as default and most (all?) of the settings as default too. I've also asked him today, he confirmed I enter engineer mode, disconnect, link out tamp and alarm, isolate power, reset panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back