Tenement flat door entry system wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All new here so be patient,

I have recently removed my old door entry handset and i am left with an old 3pr bt poly cable what i need to know is what do the coloured wires do?
they are as follows:
solid blue/solid black, solid orange/solid black and solid green/solid black
what is powering the handset?orange?green?
what is voice pair? (blue same as telephony?)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They were marked in letters, wires were all over the place i.e pairs split etc and new handset is numbers i guess i will try trial and error.

The set up has 17 buzzers at main door.dunno what make units are.

Anyway bump

Sponsored Links
If you are on god terms with one of your neighbours, see if you can look at how the wires are connected to what terminals in their existing wall unit. If you have the chance to put a meter on the terminals while someone pushes the bell, and releases the latch, and talks to and fro that will also help.

You should be in the right frame of mind never to take anything apart again without making a note of what wire goes on what terminal.

The unit (comelit) i now have has the following connections inside it:
S
p1
C
p2

Can anyone assist in what pairs goto where? All the places ive called want money to send a guy out the w4nks i aint paying for some tw't to screw 3 pr down.

BUMP

try the makers (search "comelit") e.g. http://www.comelit.com/

The problem we all have is that we don't know, in your installation, which wire does what, and we don't know, in your handset, which terminal does what.

And we haven't seen the wiring diagram/instructions that ought to have been packaged with your new handset.

It would have been much easier if you had identified the wires before taking the old one apart, or if you could have a look at a working installation and see how it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back