Terminal Discharge Vanes missing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As picture shows below, during a routine service these were found to be missing, I classed it as At Risk, but is it? The terminal is present but the vanes are missing.
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Not missing but eaten away by corrosive moisture in flue gases

def AR as there is a distinct risk of something getting pushed/flying into the flue and blocking it, the vanes are part of an exact design and the appliance cannot be used without them, realistically the ris is small but it is there and if you leave it running you would never win an arguement about why you left it on, AR and switch off, if customer uses it until you return with flue your warning notice will protect you

Sponsored Links
Incomplete flue so AR. potterton profile/prima
chances of anything happening very remote cap can be fitted without changing whole flue

Thanks for your replies, did turn it off and filled out warning notice/label etc and turned off at fused spur and if tenant turns it back on its up to her although I 'officially' advised her not to, no terminal guard (Mark Br).

i had the same problem with the gloworm fuel saver it needs a new end to the flue but you cannot just buy the end bit you have to buy the flue section inner and outer tubes as well, then providing they are ok drill out the pop rivets and fit the new one on

Thanks for your replies, did turn it off and filled out warning notice/label etc and turned off at fused spur and if tenant turns it back on its up to her although I 'officially' advised her not to, no terminal guard (Mark Br).

why not just get the remedial flue kit.. 20-30 minute eeeeasy job.

edith: plus the boilers also not going to be working very well, what with it cycling poc's back through the boiler. it would have failed an fga test quite badly.

Fitted a worcester Ri last month and left the deflector end off overnight by accident.

Turned up the next morning to hear russtling in the boiler?

Thought it was a mouse so tried fishing it out to no avail. Ended up having to take the boiler back off the wall (just finished installing it that night) and lay it on it's back in the garden only to see a bloody blue tit or something that size fly out! :eek:

So maybe a bigger risk than you think? :LOL:

Just as well i heard it really, imagine what the worcester engineer would have said when they are called out under warrantee!?

Sam

edith: plus the boilers also not going to be working very well, what with it cycling poc's back through the boiler. it would have failed an fga test quite badly.

Although I'm not Edith the lack of a bird guard on the flue won't affect it at all but it is AR as Namsag said. I have always written corroded flue but incomplete probably fits the regs better.

its not the birdguard its the flue terminal, and a little look inside would probably show a nice hole in the inner flue, hence my comments on the poc and fga checks.

its not the birdguard its the flue terminal, and a little look inside would probably show a nice hole in the inner flue, hence my comments on the poc and fga checks.

It's a terminal but the vanes are to prevent birds and rodents entering and much clearer when explaining the risk to customers. On a prima I find about 70% have rotted the inner but on a profile it is almost always just the terminal.(IMHE)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back