Test probes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I am going to have to buy my self some new test probes, and was looking at a set of fluke T120

Does anyone have a set, or had a play with one?

I have had a couple of sets of flukes, and am happy with the brand but I'm not sure these new ones look as hard wearing as the older ones like the T5-1000

Sponsored Links
Sorry, RF.

I don't have any experience of fluke leads.

Sponsored Links
Just checked the securespark inbox, and it's got no new mails.

Try re-sending it to simon@....

No experience of that particular fluke, best to check it is GS38 compliant though if it is for work. Fluke had a tendancy to supply probes which were not GN38, i.e. my T2 didn't have the required finger guards.

I have bought the flukes, which look to me to be now GS38 compliant with nice big finger guards.

The new probes are not as good as the old ones, as there is only a small piece off rubber to hold the two probes of the tester together for storage.

The single worst feature of these testers is the fact that if you test L-E on a live RCD protected circuit, the testers will trip the RCD despite saying on the back that they use <30mA

I have tried them on an RCD with nothing else connected, and ramp tested the RCD which was tripping within acceptable values.

This is incredibly annoying when trying to isolate a single circuit on a split load CU.

Yeah, our test leads are the same. Despite the instructions saying if you L/N test first, the L/E test will hold off the RCD, it does not work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back