Testing balls up...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is not widespread, but...

A cousin of mine had a member of his family apparently get one of the 'symptoms', so arranged a test. After not hearing anything back by the stated date a phone call was made and the answer was that the sample had been destroyed due to a 'database error'.
But since 5 days had passed no further test would be done, however isolation would have differing periods. 10 days for the person with the 'symptom' and 14 days for those without.

Makes no sense at all...

Lots of people's lives could be being screwed around due to incompetence (!)

Sponsored Links
IMG-20200924-WA0001.jpg

The tests don’t work once the virus is in its second stage. After 5 days there is no point in a test. The person with symptoms needs less time in isolation as they would have had min 5 days since being infected.

we have to remember that while the tests have improved, they still have false positives and negatives in significant numbers.

I hope this is not widespread, but...

A cousin of mine had a member of his family apparently get one of the 'symptoms', so arranged a test. After not hearing anything back by the stated date a phone call was made and the answer was that the sample had been destroyed due to a 'database error'.
But since 5 days had passed no further test would be done, however isolation would have differing periods. 10 days for the person with the 'symptom' and 14 days for those without.

Makes no sense at all...

Lots of people's lives could be being screwed around due to incompetence (!)
Have you ever put up a good news U.K. post apart from the one when you said you were leaving that just turned out to be fake news?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yep never good news all doom and gloom

Well I got good news :cool:

Trump is recovering and has taken experimental medication
:)

Have you ever put up a good news U.K. post apart from the one when you said you were leaving that just turned out to be fake news?
Isn't it time you gave it a rest?

Anyway Ellal raises a concern that is being experienced by many

Obviously :cool:

The car has done 5 of them school prom type things that seem to be in fashion

Students leaving school turn up at some type of party wat sit in. Various modes of transport
My dad had a fiat 1964 classic car which he did up himself (he took it off the road in '73, then started work on it in the mid 80's!). It was used in a theatre poster, a fiat advertising campaign, magazines and was in a documentary on some sky channel about it. He loved it. Not sure he'd want to take excited kids to the prom though :)

Am sure he will. Makes a nice change to see something that isn't covid/brexit/politics :) :)

Isn't it time you gave it a rest?

Anyway Ellal raises a concern that is being experienced by many
If it keeps the old man happy :rolleyes:

And funnily enough...

Covid: UK announces more than 10,000 new cases for first time

"The UK has announced more than 10,000 new coronavirus cases for the first time since mass testing began.
There were 12,872 new cases, while a further 49 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19.
However, the government said a technical issue meant some cases this week were not recorded at the time so these were included in Saturday's data."

That thus explains the original post :)

Sponsored Links
Back