TESTING FOR INHIBITOR

Sorry to hear you have eye troubles, so do I, so I use the "size" button mostly (and if necessary change PC display settings, as some websites have been foolishly designed to be un-sizable.

But the use of normal mixed upper-case and lower-case letters is clearer to read than all-caps, which is what I had in mind (and I think Agile did too).

Using Caps Lock makes it more difficult to read, as well as being considered "SHOUTING" so people generally don't like it.

Sponsored Links
dont know if its any use, but a test from sentinal will give you a report like this:

SENTINEL System Check
Sentinel System Check Report Sheet
Sample taken date: 20/02/2006 Sample arrival date: 23/02/2006 Reported date: 09/03/2006 Reference No: 102:05395
System name / reference: Not supplied
System age: New (under 6 months old): No
Sender's name and address:
Jason Vaughan
Site address: .
TEST Mains water results System water results Recommended results
Appearance: 1 1 maximum
pH: 8.3 6.6 - 8.5
Conductivity µS/cm: 591 906
Chloride ppm: 55 64
Calcium as CaCO3 ppm: 120 8 Minimum value of 75% of mains calcium
Iron ppm: 0.5 125 maximum if treated with Sentinel X100
Copper ppm: 0.1 1 maximum if treated with Sentinel X100
Aluminium ppm: 1.3 1 maximum if treated with Sentinel X100
Molybdenum ppm: 0 214 minimum unless boron is satisfactory
Boron ppm: 70 50 min
Appearance: 1= Clear, 2 = Slightly turbid, 3 = Very turbid ppm(parts per million) = mg/l
Comments
System cleanliness
Appearance of system water is satisfactory
Chloride level indicates satisfactory conditions
Scale formation should not be a problem as the Sentinel X100 level is sufficient to prevent scale from forming.
Iron level is satisfactory.
Copper level is satisfactory
Aluminium level is high, indicating that corrosion has taken place. System flush is required.
Conductivity is acceptable with respect to system cleanliness, but see further comments under 'Sentinel X100 Concentration'
Sentinel X100 Concentration
pH is satisfactory
The conductivity is low and system may only be partially treated with Sentinel X100. Check comments for Molybdate and Boron. Add extra Sentinel X100 if
required .
Molybdate level is low. Extra Sentinel X100 is required
Boron level is satisfactory
Recommendations
System cleanliness
If system flush recommended for any of results above, flush with flushing agent such as Sentinel X400, Ferroquest or Sentinel Deposit Remover, following
instructions on bottle. Ensure all cleaner is thoroughly removed.
Refill and treat with Sentinel X100. For optimum results the flushing should be undertaken using a mechanical flushing aid such as Sentinel Jet Flush.
Sentinel X100 Concentration
If extra Sentinel X100 is recommended for any of the results above, addition is recommended to manufacturers instructions.
NOTE: Interpretation of results is based on the system being treated with Sentinel X100.

Sentinel Performance Solutions Ltd, Foundry Lane, Widnes. WA8 8UD

I wonder if we could have guessed what a Sentinel report would have said:

flush with flushing agent such as Sentinel X400
flushing should be undertaken using a mechanical flushing aid such as Sentinel Jet Flush.
Extra Sentinel X100 is required

Whoopee doo. I woulda won!

Sponsored Links
if you are that bothered if there is inhibitor in your system just put some more in, it wont cause any harm and will cost you less than £20

cooky plumbcentre in montague road sell fernox kits around a tenner ignore agile while he knows about boilers you could write his interpersonal skills on the back of half a first class stamp and still have room to write his name and address :LOL:

If you email me with your address i will send you some of the sentinel sachets if you like....tell me here you mailed me though or else it will be months before I read it.

cookyman....go on then.....tell us what the problem with your system is.

Someone might be able to save you some money.

ChrisR said:
I belieeeve that the sentinel and fernox kits only test for their own chemicals
COuld be used as what someone called "white bullsh*t" though. "Your system is low on Fernox inhibitor sir look my kit says so".

I use the sentinel one for my company and it aint restricted to sentinel chemicals !

why does he want to know if inhibitor is present,sounds like he has a fXXked up system and wants to blame some one else.
£1000.00 is mere small change for us now days.
sounds like the customer from hell.

just-thinking said:
why does he want to know if inhibitor is present,sounds like he has a fXXked up system and wants to blame some one else.

It sounds to me this is the powerflush fee from someone like BG !!! and its actually sludged due to no previous inhibiter fitted etc !!

mmalone said:
just-thinking said:

It sounds to me this is the powerflush fee from someone like BG !!! and its actually sludged due to no previous inhibiter fitted etc !!

Won't make an ounce of difference to Bg under contract it is the customers responsibility to maintain inhibitor level.

cookyman has not replied,local plumber must be happy..or due to his poor eye sight he has fallen into the water tank.

ollski said:
mmalone said:
just-thinking said:

Won't make an ounce of difference to Bg under contract it is the customers responsibility to maintain inhibitor level.

I know that and Im not saying it make a difference to the contract if this is the case .. I JUST PERSONALLY THINK this is why the question of Inhibitors and £1000 bill to fix the problem would come from ! is that not what BG charge ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back