Texecom 24hrs perimeter arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

First of all a big thanks to Breezer and securiam, you guys seem to the most prolific contributers on the security forums and some of your answers have helped me enormously already.

The long and short of it is that i installed my smart com and premier elite 48 wireless and a hikvision IP cam system last year and all works fine. However we had a break in last week whilst my wife was at home alone (her car was in the garage and I'd taken mine to work so the house looked unoccupied).

They broke through the glass in the uPVC French doors at the rear of the property (we have a Patlock, so snapping the lock would have been pointless) and threatened her with a knife. Thankfully no more than that before making off with her jewellery box. All insured and replaceable, so we're moving on from this but nevertheless I would like to upgrade my security.

I am therefore thinking that I set a 24hr perimeter alarm that consists of:

1. An external texecom ricochet pir at the rear of the house to protect the most likely point of attack (French doors and big lounge window).

2. Ricochet impaq Shock sensors on the French door and lounge window (an extra layer of security to the external pir) and on the remaining windows on the sides of our house at ground floor level.

3. Shock sensor on the front porch door to provide an early warning in case someone tried get through those doors to go and attack our main entrance doors. Also a ricochet pir in the porch to provide a backup in case shock sensor failed and also to use in the following scenario: I know the front porch is less likely to be attacked, but given the frosted glass, someone could try the porch door handle opportunistically- and if we had left it open (say for the postie to leave a parcel) then the porch Shock sensor wouldnt trigger and they could then attack the lock on the front door in relative obscurity.

4. Contact sensor on the main entrance doors.

Obviously the problem I have is what happens when we have a visitor and need to open the front doors or go out to the garden through the rear French doors? I need some way of momentarily disabling the alarm and automatically rearming after a short delay. Likewise when I come back home from work, how do I momentarily disable without asking someone from inside to disable the alarm?

I have some fobs and also some smartkeys and I don't mind purchasing another keypad- although it would have to wireless- to stick by the French doors.

Some pointers on how to program the panel to achieve this would be truly appreciated.

Ideally I want the perimeter alarm disabled for two minutes when the door contact on the main doors is opened first- signifying that it's the occupant operating the door rather than an intruder who would trigger the porch sensors first) - and that should solve the visitors/postie problem. However I would still have a keyholders entry problem and French door exit & entry problem.

If anyones interested I can tell you other changes I've made to beef up security (my guiding principle is to slow them down long enough for the occupant at home to contact the police or get the burglars to give it up as a bad job), but i think this post is plenty long now!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mo

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Accusense ISU could be an option to warn off those detected at the rear of the house.

The app can have a panic button (set keypad 4 with panic features, Keypad doesn't have to be fitted).

External sensors you have to be careful due to potential false alarms and the consequences. monitor only is commonly used, however you can set up the reporting codes so the app would notify you and not ring the bell box.

The other option is you could place the sensors at the rear on another area as guard zones and have a bell delay (for that area, which means you have to use area bell time, instead of global bell time) of 1 minute, but you would be notified by the app first and you could unset and reset that area.

You can auto rearm an area, however if you are going to be out in the back garden then you need to think of a way to stop the system rearming whilst you are outside and coming in (key switch), system cant rearm with an active sensor in that area. so shock sensors and a door contact and leave the patio doors open?

Or you just have to remember to disarm before going back in the house if you have been out longer than the rearm timer.

It is not advisable to declare your security details to the rest of the world, specifically as you have been targeted once already and they could be watching.

You can add smoke cannons and the like, so they cant see, you can add klaxon inferno, to make them ill, strobe and sound can make people ill, it isn't cheap mind.

In addition to the usual PIR controlled floodlights at the back of the house, we have another outside PIR connected to a bell that rings for 10 seconds.
The bell is mounted in the conservatory where it can be heard clearly both indoors and outdoors. A potential burglar will know that they have been detected and that anyone indoors has been alerted. The bell wiring has an ordinary switch just inside the back door, and we do have to remember to switch it back on after being outside, but that has now become an automatic reaction when locking the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back