Texecom 64W Live

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve just installed a texecom 64W Live, (main panel is in the garage) and wireless keypads have been fitted in the main house and out house. I’m struggling with the signal from the outhouse which is about approx 15-20meters from the main house. Is there any specific signalling booster or richochet I can fit half way or anywhere for the signal to bounce or improve?

Also could anyone help me with a step by step guide on how to set the main house and out house as two different areas so these can be set and unset individually and together.

Kind Regards.

Sponsored Links
Can’t you fit hardwired keypads ? ….normally I would set house as area A and outbuildings as area B , set keypads according and use local arm disarm …alternative set code for area A and code for area B

Hi mate, unfortunately the hard wired option was near enough impossible to get cables into position or find cable routes etc. The client wanted a wireless system as they refurbed the house and decided on an alarm after.

I was going to set the house as area A and outhouse as B, I just need some assistance on the programming side of things.
Cheers.

Personally if it down fitting wireless ……texecom wouldn’t be my first choice …

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a design issue.

From the garage panel to the house devices what's in the way.

You could look at powering a wireless bell from the panel and place it nearer and outside the garage.

What sensors are you using?

There’s hardly anything in the way, I’ve got the main house and garage which is built side by side with the main house and then the out house 15-20 meters away at the back of an open garden.

I’ve got two wireless bells fitted, 1 at the main house/ garage and the other on the front of the outhouse.

I’m using mirco door contacts and prem elite QD-Ws.

Hard to say don't know the layout.

The TD-W is something that Can be placed outside.

But 20M is not difficult for Ricochet by any stretch.

What does it look like signal strength and mesh signal security?

Sounds like a design issue.
You could install 32xp-w in the house to improve signal strength and range.
Micro contacts have a shorter range than standard contact, also if micro contacts are jumping signal then this will reduce battery life in that device.

assuming the garage isn't standalone.

The panel in a more central position may help.
for trouble shooting could put the panel on a plug and move it around to see if the signal improves, may need to tamper the devices that dont poll in after placing in commission mode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back