Texecom Elite 64W problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have brought a Telxeom Elite 64W kit with wireless keypad, wireless bell and 3 wireless PIR's.
I'm having an issue setting it up.

I have no wired equipment, just what comes with the kit.
Before I powered it up I used the supplied cable to connect the back of the keypad to the engineer port as I believe this is needed to learn the first wireless keypad.
So I powered up - it went into an Alarm, I put the batteries into the keypad and used the engineer code to stop the alarm. I go into engineer mode, it asks to set language, then once language is set it asks to 'confirm devices'. This is where I think I'm having a problem, I see:
Net RKP> ........
1 Exp> ........
I select Yes, then Yes to confirm but nothing happens (manual says it should go to "Learn Richochet" at this point.)
If I manually go to the 'Learn Ricochet' menu option it just says "All Devices Learnt"
I'm assuming the panel isn't seeing the panels onboard Ricochet receiver.
This is as far as I can get and can't actually learn any of the wireless devices.

Am I missing something? Do I have to enable the onboard Richochet receiver somewhere first?

Thanks for any help with this.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
its not seeing anything from what you are saying.

its also saying that the ricochet is full, yet you havent learned any devices yet?
I would start with defaulting the panel and the expander, if its still full after defaulting the expander, then you can try deleting each device manually and then starting again.

I would keep the lead connected and not the batteries, as if you are having issues you don't want to wear out your batteries.

It looks like it was a faulty panel - I got another kit today and followed the same process, this time when confirming devices I got:

Net RKP> ........
1 Exp> 1.......

All the Richochet devices learnt fine.

I've tried defaulting the other panel but it is still the same.
Not sure how I default the expander - note the expander is not a separate box, it has a 32 zone receiver built into the panel.

One off topic question - the wireless PIR's work but they don't actually light up when activated - I'm guessing this is just a battery saving feature?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back