Texecom 64w Smokes, 2 external sounders & Upgrading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my First intruder alarm install (at home) I'm a electrician & fire alarm engineer so reasonable background knowledge.
I'm planning to purchase a 64w system (want to be mainly wired), 3 zones over 3 floors (radials with 3-5 pir on each floor, 2 x keypads (1 wired by the panel, 1 wireless back of house), 3 x wireless door sensors, smartcom ethernet/wifi unit, probably 2 x internal sounders, ideally 2 external sounders 3 x smoke/heat sensors wired, 2 x wireless smoke/heat.
I've had a look at the manuals and have a few questions.
1. Can this system use the 4wire smoke/heat sensors from texecom, the panel says 2 wire but is it simply that the 12v & 0v come from the separate feeds in the panel?
2. Can I wire in 2 x external sounders and do they need to need to be single radials to each or 1 cable to 1 and then looped to the second?
3. If I get a system that's not the fastest firmware v5.02, can i use the smartcom connected to a PC via Ethernet to upgrade?
4. In the event of a fire does the system activate external alarms, just internal or both?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It’s not a fire alarm or radial ! The 64 will only only give you 4 hardwired zones plus 2 on a hardwired keypad ....don’t forget you will need 8 zone hardwired expanders

Smoke detectors use 4 wire , 2 power 2 alarm , yes it rings internal and external , pulsed....seen as your going to need an 8 zone expander wire one bell from this and program as required , run the other to the control panel

Thanks for quick reply. So by the term "zone" this actually means device??? I'd planned to have 5 pirs linked in series connected to 1 zone in the panel!

Sponsored Links
ok so I get the wiring for pir now and ill need a expander. Having reviewed the smoke head wiring I can see I need 12&0v to E & D but then from the panel instructions it says to use Output 1 for fire detectors, so is this just 1 wire going into A at the head and out at B to the next head finishing with a eol resistor or something?? very confused with this!
Screenshot (7).png

Also whats the situation with firmware upgrading can I do this from a pc connected via the smartcom? thanks again for the help

If you have spare zones just wire as normal one per zone ....if not it sort of works like an old fire alarm but devices are normally closed , and an extra wire for detector reset ( programmes as an output at the panel )

Right got it, I'm happy for it to operate as traditional fire alarm instead of rewiring. So which leg of the smoke does Output 1 go to and which leg does the zone connection go to? Thanks

Installation companies have access to TCS for which there is an annual subscription fee.

From there is a Wintex like facility but no ricochet monitor at present, health checks and remote firmware upgrades are possible on this platform via the smart com.

When the firmware upgrade is initiated, the master user has to login to the panel and authorise the upgrade, once authorised the panel downloads and installs the latest firmware and reboots the panel.

the smokes are wired directly to the zone and 12V auxiliary power

thanks, so having review the manual for panel and smoke heads again, the 12v comes from the 12v in the panel, the 0v comes from Output 1 (set to fire) in the panel then either leg of the zone connections goes to either point A (N/C) or point B (Com). Is the zone then programmed in windex to say which leg of the zone connections are N/C & Com, and are no resistors used? Thanks

I'm replacing 3 that are currently in the house wired traditionally, I think I'm now planning to wire each to a separate zone, more wiring but should be worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back