Texecom 8XP expander fuse fail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, newbie after some help please.

Just installed a new Texecom Premier Elite 88 panel, 2 remote key pads and an expander module. The system is showing up the following issues:

• Main panel - Network Tx red LED is flashing (manual states should be solid red - flashing indicates panel fail)
  • EXP1, 1 Fuse Fail message on key pad.
I have checked the voltage at the +/- network terminals on the expander which is 12.7v, but Wintex records it as 0.08v. None of the PIRs or Smoke detectors connected to the expander are working, all devices connected to the main panel are fine. This is indicating that the expander has failed, and I cannot find a fuse on the expander unit that can be changed.

I have a second expander for future use, so may swap them over and get the first one replaced. Just concerned that if there is an issue with the main panel, it may blow the second expander, if the red flashing Tx LED on the main panel is part of the problem.

The layout is:
  • Expander 1 is stared from the panel, with RKP2 daisy cained from it.
  • RKP1 is stared from the panel on its own.
All the network address dil switches are correct and the devices are confirmed.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What have you got connected to the Aux 12v mid way down each side of the 8XP? Disconnect whatever is connected there and see if your problem goes away. If it does you likely have a short in those aux 12v supplies (possibly at the PIR end).

Evening pcaouolte, great advice.

I have disconnected all of the power +/- cables from the Aux 12v terminals on both sides and the fail message has disappeared. Checked Wintex and it is now showing 12.8v supply voltage so it is obviously a short in one of the PIRs/smoke detectors. I will check each one tomorrow and rewire each device and then connect one by one to see if the fail comes back.

Thanks for the help.

If you reconnect them one at a time you will know when the fault comes back. That would narrow down the fault finding a bit.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, I will start the reconnects on Monday and see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back