Texecom Auto Arm query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We've got a Premier 88 with 4 areas set up. One area is the garage; with roller door magnetic contacts. At the moment we have auto rearm enabled on the roller doors. Set 60 mins after deactivation when the area resets itself (I like this idea as it means it re-arms the alarm if we forget to set it !!)

However, when we're working outside and leave a door open (sometimes all day); the alarm will still reset itself after an hour; and then sometime later the alarm will go off.

Ideally I'd like to be able to set it up like this :- Auto re-arm ONLY if door is closed and contact is made.

Is that possible please ? Or another way of setting it up to achieve this sort of outcome ?

(I've also attached a part of the log when this happens)

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• Alarm log.jpg
    Alarm log.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Alarm log 2.jpg
    Alarm log 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Alarm log 1.jpg
    Alarm log 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Any arming procedure is supposed to work on the zone being secure.

you can force omit the zone, and the zone would become available again once it had been secured. However it sort of makes a mockery of an open door and setting the alarm and leaves the area unsecured. this could have impacts on your insurance especially if you tell them you have an alarm system.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.
Point noted regarding the open door ! (We're better at closing the doors; but not necessarily setting the alarm at the same time. However; we do come and go a lot during the day and sometimes its just easier to leave it open.
I will however try as you suggest with the force omit, and see what that does.
I also wonder if Arming are via control timer at the end of the day when the door is closed might be a good option. (And take off the delay) If the door is left open the alarm 'should' sound to alert that a door is open.
Thanks again - I'll try out a couple of different options over the next couple of days and figure out which works best for us.

Can't see you area options, hope auto arm areas set to B

60 min auto arm delay timer on entry/exit zone starts when zone is closed/secured
Never did have an area auto armed with open zone.

I usually set auto arm area to instant arm, not timed

Sponsored Links
difficult to what is going on.

1. should have arm failed if zone left open (whats is arming mode?)

2. e/e zones should not be omitted, so may never have been tested wrt to force omitting, although force omitting omits the zone when its active at the point of setting and the zone once secured. (arming mode is important as its what the panel will expect to see, arming mode of E/E could be problematic for example as i expects to see the door go open then closed to set.)

3. you wouldn't expect the entry to start, unless the zone status changed.

you have a scenario where the zone is armed with door open, the some time later it starts the entry although we believe the zone status has always remined open.

let us know how you get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back