Texecom Connect App Arming issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Im hoping someone can assist. I have today added the smartcom connect to my prem elite 64 system.

Its all set up, connecting, app is set up and seems to be functioning as normal, alerts coming through as expected etc.

My one issue is I cant arm or part arm from the app. Im now losing the will to live....... Im suspecting its a setting somewhere but im now stuck.

The error message im getting after clicking the "arm" from the home screen is

"This command has not been accepted by your secuirity system. Please check there are no problems with teh security system that may prevent you from using this command"

I cant find anything anywhere on this at all.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Sponsored Links
In app....menu bottom right ....manage users ...can your user ....use app ? Also scroll down ....what user type do you have ?

Hi mate thanks for replying.

Your comment gave me a lightbulb moment. I had set up the app on my phone using the engineer code. i thought i would try setting up a standrd user (myself) on my ipad and its now all working...... seems a bit strange that the engineer cant arm/ part arm etc but hey ho im up and running !!

Do you remote onto Wintex at all? Ive now just relaised that i cant connect to the wintex desktop. Im selecting smartcom to connect but it just says it cant establish a connection to the control panel. It used to work when i had my comwifi set up.

There seem very little anywhere on troubleshooting the smartcom?!?!

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
Texecom connect

If you can connect with the phone app to the panel, you should be able to use wintex to connect to the panel if setup correctly.

wrt to arming using the smart com its advised strongly if there is more than one area on the system to make sure you have area text assigned to each area.
a user code is used for arming and disarming not an engineer and usually the case for most alarm systems except certain DIY systems where the User sets things up, as with some Yale and some very cheap systems.

An Engineer can do some arming for testing but not via the app if I recall correctly, there is an option to put a zone on engineers test (isolate from the rest of the system), so the engineer can test a zone or zones and the rest of the system remains untouched, can't remember the last time I used that mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back