Texecom Connect App - Can no longer log in

from Texecom

Texecom Connect - resolving access issues

Following the update last Monday, we have had reports that a small number of users have experienced issues accessing Texecom Connect. This affected a small number of sites where the IP connection had disconnected for a short period. We have identified the cause of the issue and have a resolution planned. This is to be deployed later today as soon as our thorough testing is complete. As a temporary work around, users can log out and retry the connection after 5 minutes which should then connect.

The operation of the alarm system, alarm signalling and event notifications to Texecom Connect are not affected and will continue to be received.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Thanks
Reactions: HSY
Sponsored Links
Ah maybe that will be it. Where was that posted? Would be interested to follow the progress and when it gets applied.
I chatted to my installer yesterday and they run through similar stuff to what you had already mentioned with no luck so they are sending somebody out tomorrow afternoon to see what they can do their end.

I still worry it's something else as this post and other posts seem to be going along now that their issues have been resolved or can be worked round but I don't seem to be able to get anywhere.

With this and other issues I had with the app (slowness mainly), starting to wonder if I should sack Texecom Cloud off and connect it to my Home Assistant! People seem to be doing it without issues, although hesitant to do so whilst the system is under warranty.

I have access to everything other than there forum technical bulletins are emailed to those that have registered on the website for manuals

Sponsored Links
So the installer came round yesterday and tried quite a few things including fitted a new SmartCom. It initially didn't seem to work and he said they would ring tomorrow to discuss possibly replacing the panel itself, but then it suddenly started working and was able to re-download my panel data. Happy it's finally fixed, although curious why it didn't work in the first place. Thanks @secureiam and @sparkymarka for the help in the meantime :)

Sounds like the Texecom fix filtered through but can’t be certain.

versions of equipment can make a difference but panels and smart cons can be updated. I know those with V1 smart coms are stuck with not being able to upgrade them anymore due to changes to V2, which means unit has to be replaced. It has caused an issues for a few diy installers recently as not kept the smart updated. My office smart com is pre release for testing but has always been kept up to date.

recently tried two android V10 and V11 android phones rugged style from doogee, two different models they just won’t no matter what wake up when a notification comes in. The support from the phone manufacturer and seller was very poor and issue remains second phone going back. Had to go with a different phone.

Yes wondering if it was either a coincidence that the fix filtered through at around the same time or the old SmartCom just couldn't/wouldn't pull the fix down.

Once the dust has settled a bit, I think I am going to try the HomeAssistant addon to connect directly to the SmartCom and see if that is any better (it has very good feedback). Not been overly impressed with their app anyway, and this palava has just further put me off the official app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back