Texecom mapping zone from RKP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a new shed in which I want to install a door magnet. I have run 8 core cable underground from the shed back to the control panel. From there, I have joined two wires (orange and orange/white) to two spare cables going to RKP 2 (blue and yellow). In RKP 2 I have connected blue and yellow into Zone 1 and bridged tamper. Set RPK 2, Zone 1 to map Zone 009 and set it to normally closed and guard.

For now, I have just twisted orange and orange/white together in the shed for testing. My issue is that Wintex shows as being Secure but when I untwist the cables in the control panel, it is still secure! If I enable 'Display zone resistance', I get a reading of 6.84k when cables are disconnected and when I connect them back together it shows 2.13k.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be going on?

Sponsored Links
So you have mapped zone 9 zone 1 on rkp / contact in shed wired to to zone 1 on keypad ... Are you sure it's zone one in keypad ? Do I you have a expander on system ?

That is correct. I double checked tonight, they either say Zone 1 and Zone 2 or Z 1 and Z 2. No expander. All 8 zones are taken on control panel so I need to use a port on one of the RPKs.

Also, I am thinking it must be wired into the correct zone and RPK as the resistance changes when I break the circuit? See attached too.

Wintex.jpg

Sponsored Links
It doesn't quite add up, as normally closed on a keypad zone on a premier is first alarm and last tamper, and you have the tamper shorted out. this would be double pole if the two wires are wired into the alarm terminals.

you telling me your seeing resistance values that appear consistent with doublepole/eol wiring type using 4k7 across the alarm pair and 2k2 as the end of line resistor.

if you have no resistors in play I would change the wiring type to double pole, as then the alarm pair would the first two alarm terminals and the tamper pair you have shorted would be the tamper shorted out.

as for the values did you measure them with a meter to confirm what you saw on wintex was actually happening.

Oh I see. So I need to change zone 9 from normally closed to double pole? If that is the case, would removing the tamper short and setting it to normally closed work? I have not tested with a meter.

1st alarm terminal and last tamper is normally closed
the same can be used for resistors or normally open
wiring into first two alarm terminals and linking out the tamper is double pole.

so to work as normally closed, assuming there's no resistors involved remove the link from the tamper, and move the 2nd alarm terminal wire to the last tamper terminal for that zone on the keypad.

Thank you. I will try this. As I have not wired to RKP before but more so that I have made a join in control panel, I just wanted to test cables etc. The rest of my system is EOL so the shed door contact will also be EOL when finished, which I can wire into zone and put link back in tamper, then change zone 9 to EOL.

Oh. Re-reading your reply, it seems that for EOL from a keypad zone I need to wire in 1st alarm terminal and last tamper terminal? Unlike the panel where each sensor goes back to both zone terminals and then the single tamper is bridged.

that's right

so I am guessing you have a 24 , as 48,88,168 have 4 terminals per zone unless wireless(4 zones on the panel not:cool: and the 640 has no zones on the panel at all.

The expanders also have 4 terminals, except the 8XE which is the plug on 8 zone expander, which is zone1 common zone2 etc so two zones share a terminal connection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back