Texecom Oddysey 4E bell box help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just wired up the bellbox as per manual using connections ABCDS like for like at both panel and bell box.

system is clear but bell box isn't operating. Have taken cover off and tamper doesn't even come up
On the panel

the right side led is flashing on the bell box also

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have just checked for Voltage at the control panel terminals
that supply the bell box and no voltage

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
pictures of wiring will help confirm.

no power at bell suggest that its either:-

1. not wired right
2. cables damaged (break or short)
3. panel not powered up
4.faulty equipment.

Last edited:
pictures of wiring will help confirm.

no power at bell suggest that its either:-

1. not wired right
2. cables damaged (break or short0
3. panel not powered up
4.faulty equipment.

Panel to bell box...

A-A red
B-B blue
C_C yellow
D-D black
S-S green

I have checked output with meter and im
Not getting 12v from the panel.

Thats what you think you have done, and you may well have.

Take out red and black at the panel and measure across the terminals.

Bugger. Found a scagged cable. It's going to need cutting back and joining. What's the best joint box to use as I can't re-run a new length from panel to bell box unfortunately. Needs to be a weather proof box.

I doubt your using the correct grade cable for external if its not protected.

As for junction boxes it needs to be waterproof at the very least and possibly need to fix it to the underside of the decking that isn't walked upon o it isn't touching the ground.

if your unable to re thread the cable from the bell back through the junction box you will need to make sure you have a junction box capable of handling all the cores rather than just the damaged ones.

I doubt your using the correct grade cable for external if its not protected.

As for junction boxes it needs to be waterproof at the very least and possibly need to fix it to the underside of the decking that isn't walked upon o it isn't touching the ground.

if your unable to re thread the cable from the bell back through the junction box you will need to make sure you have a junction box capable of handling all the cores rather than just the damaged ones.

All sorted thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back