Texecom Oddysey 4E bell box help

do you want share the solution with everyone and thank or like at least one of the posts?

Sponsored Links
What's the best joint box to use as I can't re-run a new length from panel to bell box unfortunately. Needs to be a weather proof box

The cause is a damaged cable causing the short and you identified where the short was.

Ah yes. A short between red and black. Will investigate

Bugger. Found a scagged cable.

The solution is how you repaired the fault which you don't mention, it could help others with a similar problem locate suitable parts to do similar repairs.

I cant comment on the repair as don't know what you did to repair the job, also cant comment on what I would have used as I didn't know enough about the problem to make anything more than a general statement. There lots of potential options, it would also help with pictures so people get an idea of the issue you were actually faced with, ie the snag location before and after pics.

As for junction boxes it needs to be waterproof at the very least and possibly need to fix it to the underside of the decking that isn't walked upon so it isn't touching the ground.

As for the Thanks, I am going to say Thanks in this post but it doesn't affect the 12 Thanks Received Tally against your profile. It is more of the community forum thing rather than a necessity and all thanks in all its forms is appreciated.

The cause is a damaged cable causing the short and you identified where the short was.

The solution is how you repaired the fault which you don't mention, it could help others with a similar problem locate suitable parts to do similar repairs.

I cant comment on the repair as don't know what you did to repair the job, also cant comment on what I would have used as I didn't know enough about the problem to make anything more than a general statement. There lots of potential options, it would also help with pictures so people get an idea of the issue you were actually faced with, ie the snag location before and after pics.

As for the Thanks, I am going to say Thanks in this post but it doesn't affect the 12 Thanks Received Tally against your profile. It is more of the community forum thing rather than a necessity and all thanks in all its forms is appreciated.

You need to get out more.

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Never mind you still not grasped it and you should be less cheeky but duly noted.

SO HOW DID YOU FIX THE SNAG?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back