TEXECOM Odyssey 3E or RISCO Novagard 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no argument here. Just providing a point of view and hoping that there's enough info for the OP to make an informed choice.

I personally use both types, after a decent discount on bulk. The 3E goes with the 'economy' domestics and the 6 with the better spec'd system.

Which "spec`d" ?
Grade 1, 2 or 3..............maybe 4? ( You do know the differences?)

Best to me gets a Rapier.
Decent and graded gets a Oddy.
Cheap tat ungraded I leave to the pretenders and have no wishes what they use, and that was not aimed at you.

We can argue all night, but the fact is we are only offering ideas. All which are "graded" and acceptable for insurers if needed.

A serious discussion without semantics getting in the way.

Glad to have been in with this one.

Sponsored Links
Alarm, What’s the Rapier's optional speech module for?

Speech as well as the sirens going off.

Common additions now to CCTV for instance,you trigger a output a voice says "Fook off" well it will if its programmed that way.

Generally it says "Your under surveillance" "The Police have been called"
OR like the car ones, "Stand back or the alarm will trigger"

Common additions now to CCTV for instance,you trigger a output a voice says "Fook off" well it will if its programmed that way.

I think anyone programming such into a device will find themselves in breach of the law . . seems you know 'fook all'

Sponsored Links
Yep easy - you programme a cctv to relay an audible message into your neighbourhood with some expletive as the broadcast message and you will find yourself in breach of several laws.
You would be in a cell in no time at all because plod love easy peasy arrests like that.

public order act -

[F14A Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—
(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.
(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—
(a)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or
(b)that his conduct was reasonable.
(4)A constable may arrest without warrant anyone he reasonably suspects is committing an offence under this section.
(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.]

Yep easy - you programme a cctv to relay an audible message into your neighbourhood with some expletive as the broadcast message and you will find yourself in breach of several laws.
You would be in a cell in no time at all because plod love easy peasy arrests like that.

So you missed the bit where it said ......"well it will if its programmed that way"

Not quite the same scenario now is it.

YG3, if you could read, as pointed out it was an example
."well it will if its programmed that way"

You can put in what you like actually, but most use the library provided.

As this bit says

But to your point so eloquently cut and pasted.
Your correct to say the persons trying to protect their property are at risk of being arrested themselves if they upset the poor would be intruder.

Now take that soap box and tell that to your MP!

Nice idea but does it add more of a deterrent?

I think anyone programming such into a device will find themselves in breach of the law . . seems you know 'fook all'
Wow, you’re really scraping the barrel YG3. It was an example. If anyone thinks its acceptable to make it swear in public they can't complain if they get fined.

djrock";p="2344523 said:

Wow, you’re really scraping the barrel YG3. It was an example. If anyone thinks its acceptable to make it swear in public they can't complain if they get fined.

Alarm infered here you can make the output say whatever you want and was irresponsible since someone could have thought that was a good idea and taken him on his word only to end up in trouble.
You know that is not the case but Alumni asked why so its obviously not common knowledge.

You know that is not the case but Alumni asked why so its obviously not common knowledge.
Even a 5 year old would understand what alumni asked.

Read it again, he asked YOU, 'Care to say why exactly?'

This was asked in direct reply to your irrelevant copy/paste

Even a 5 year old would understand what alumni asked.

Read it again, he asked YOU, 'Care to say why exactly?'

This was asked in direct reply to your irrelevant copy/paste

Muppet look back again my cut and paste was in response to him asking me to explain...

Check your facts :rolleyes:

Muppet look back again my cut and paste was in response to him asking me to explain...

I asked YOU because you were being quite specific whilst convniently overlooking the key statement of 'if it was programmed that way'.

Now you are yet again trying to wriggle out of it by accusing others of being wrong.

We regularly fit verbal audio sounders, and yes, we could have great fun if we chose. But then, we actually know what we are doing.

So please don't misquote me to try and make yourself look good.

I asked YOU because you were being quite specific whilst convniently overlooking the key statement of 'if it was programmed that way'.

Now you are yet again trying to wriggle out of it by accusing others of being wrong.

We regularly fit verbal audio sounders, and yes, we could have great fun if we chose. But then, we actually know what we are doing.

So please don't misquote me to try and make yourself look good.

pathetic

Hmm only pathetic things seen today are you saying the above, in another thread saying "key fobs" should not be put on key rings.

What do you suggest for car keys, a separate fob and not an integrated key?

You now slate off your own DIY product again, saying key fobs should not be on a key ring when they are supplied with the holder for them.

How can you be trusted when you do not trust or believe in your own product?
And you have misquoted the existing thread here a few times now. Why not desist before you look even more foolish?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back