Texecom Premier: Arming Failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have self installed the Texecom alarm system and have installed a few but struggling with arming error. 75% of the time it fails to arm and looks like the PIR on exit is causing the issue, I can arm remotely and have no issues. Checking the programming and cross referencing with previous setups all looks correct.

The PIR is set to guard access and alarm is set the Entry/exit on the door contact.
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 22.18.17.png
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 22.18.39.png
Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 22.18.55.png

Sponsored Links
What arming type are you using ?
Final door set ….or ….. timed ? As the pir may still be active when you close the door if using final door set

The system is set as entry exit so the door contact should then set the system. I had exactly the same programming and design in last house and didnt have same issue.

Its definately related to the PIR on the exit door. I can set the system easily using the app so seems like the PIR is staying connected when arming.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 14.05.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 14.05.50.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 16
Sponsored Links
Thank you for everyones advise. The PIR is a Wireless P20W I think.

If you put that pir on force omit, it should allow the system to set.

Force omit omits the device if it’s active at the time of set and becomes available after it is no longer active.

However it shouldn’t be needed, D20 and elite DT had issues having on exit route due to way the things worked with the microwave component.

Not aware of the P15 or Q20 having the same issue,

Can you describe what you do when arming the system step by step up until the arm failed message.

What does it show in the log wrt to the arming up to the arm fail?

What is the exit settle time set to?
What areas does the user have access to
What areas are assigned to the keypad.

Will try the force omit.
I had the DT's on last system with no issues.
To set the alarm i use keypad 1 this is next to the front door, I open the front door so the front door contact will be open and then set the alarm. Close the door but then you can hear the alarm does not set. PIR 11 which is the one showing the arming fault is above the front door.
The logs just show PIR 11 is causing the error but nothing else shows up that i can see.
Exit Settle time 8 Seconds
Access: I'm a master but only have area A
Keypads are only area A
Nothing in the logs to show PIR's active

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 22.57.32.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 22.57.32.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 10
you can see it’s failed due to pir 11

Okay just gone back through the screen shots of PIR set up.

It appears you have changed the mode of the PIR to always awake it needs to be set to auto.

Contact and and shocks always awake, pirs auto DT hybrid.

Didn’t notice that earlier having a pir to always awake will run you device batteries down very quickly.

That said if putting it to auto does not fix the issue speak with Texecom for advice.

To be fair having a q20 on always awake should not be an issues as the zone programming of guard access should take care of how the zone behaves and that also needs flagging to Texecom .

Okay so the order to do things.

1. Change mode to auto
2. If that doesn’t work fry the force omit
3. If that works you can take the force omit off and increase the exit settle time to say 20 instead of 8.
4. If still struggling put the zone to not used and then delete device off and then relearn re program zone from keypad etc
5. Area A doesn’t appear to have area text and it’s recommended that it does when using the app.

Even if it works on auto, I would contact Texecom regarding the issue.

By putting the PIR to always awake it should act like a normal hardwired PIR and the zone programming of guard access it should behave. Correctly and it isn’t this could be a quirk of how the wireless modes work and it could do with tweaking but it won’t be a priority if it works in auto mode.

Thank you for the above this is very helpful. I always put the PIR to always on as I found sometimes they do not always wake up and can be walking around when set for a bit before detected.
I will raise with Texecom to see what they say but I think they will tell me virtually what you said as I appreciate you fix most issues raised on here and value your knowledge.

They fall asleep after being activated for 3 minutes so they wont activate again until then.

Its not uncommon on a walk test to find the wireless Pirs near the keypad dont pick up and they only do so after being out of that area for 3 minutes.

so leaving the house the pir wouldnt work for a short while after the system has been set as you have walked passed it.

Just an update on this after the recommendation I was still having issues. I have now deleted the device and readded and so far all seems to be working as it should.
Thank you to everyone that spent time and contributed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back