Texecom Premier Elite 24 Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently installing one of these DIY, this is all new to me but seem to be getting on and learning as I go.
I wanted to check, I have a grade 3 odyssey bell box, do I need to wire it as grade 3 to the panel or can I still wire it as grade 2?

Thanks

Marvin

Sponsored Links
I managed to find the answer, not sure why I didn't come across it before. So I can wire it as grade 2.

I was a bit surprised with the 3 jumpers on the bellbox, the battery and lcd were set to off. Is this just so its not completely run flat while not in use?

lcd???

battery is off for transportation/ shelf until turned on when installed?

Sponsored Links
LC is low current, used if attaching more than one bell box. Most only have one bell box connected to the panels bell terminals so not required.

I think I’m almost there now, happy with the keypad, external/internal sounders and pirs.
I’ve got to add a door contact and panic button but just trying to get my head around the wiring for these.
The door contact I’ve got is this one https://www.powersaver.co.uk/knight...rglar-alarms-available-in-white-or-brown.html
And my panic button is https://www.powersaver.co.uk/knight-kp4-latching-double-push-panic-attack-button-white-plastic.html

Will I need to use the resistors in the door contact?

Ok, so a bit more reading on this and I think I have found what I need.
For the door contact I will use 2 core fsl with the 2k2 and 4k7 resistors which then just wire back to the zone on the control panel.
For the PA, I think again I can simply wire using 2 cores to the contacts in the PA either side of the glass tube.

Have I got it?

Bit of a delay on this thread, only just getting round to wiring this stuff up.
Does this look of for the wiring of the door contact?
IMG_0131.JPG

thanks
Marvin

I've managed to do a little more this weekend, I've wired up all zones now.
Z1 - Door Contact
Z2,3,4,5,6,8 - PIR's
Z7 - Panic button
IMG_20190211_095450.jpg
Hopefully this looks ok?
All pir's are wired like this.
IMG_20190207_085801.jpg

Haven't connected up the external siren box or internal speaker just to minimise the noise while setting it up. Also will add battery later too.

My plan is to power it up next and program the zones.
If I understand the programming correctly, taking into account I want to part set the system, I will need to do the following:
Z1 Door Contact - entry/exit 1.
Z2 Hallway - Zone Type "Guard Access" - attributes "Access" and "Entry/Exit2" selected
Z3,Z4,Z5,Z6 PIR's - "Guard"
Z7 - Panic alarm, I believe is wired as EOL (not totally sure about how it should be programmed yet)
Z8 - Upstairs landing PIR - "Guard", Attributes 1 setting for Part 1 Omit

I plan to get the Texecom connect connected to it too, apparently I can use wintex via this but not totally sure about that yet.

Am I on the correct path here? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Update, power on now, couple of errors, box lid tamper, RKP tamper and zone 7 tamper).
box lid of course as the CP is open.
I hadn't adjusted the screw in the back of the flush mount RKP panel, adjusted that to fix the tamper.
Not sure about the zone 7 tamper at the moment, thats the panic button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back