Texecom Premier Elite 64w wireless keypad zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Should wireless keypad zone type be entry/exit or custom.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Not heard of a Zone type of Master, please would you elaborate.

Thanks

all wireless device learn on with default settings.

If you learn to zone 9 it will come up with zone e/e but doesn’t mean anything if I believe the manuals

Sponsored Links
all wireless device learn on with default settings.

If you learn to zone 9 it will come up with zone e/e but doesn’t mean anything if I believe the manuals
Yea it learns as E/E, just that I have been led to believe it should be changed to Custom. I don’t understand why. If it auto learns as E/E then isn’t that correct.
Dave

I don't see any guidance as to what it should be. Rest assured I have always been advised that all Texecom devices learn on with the correct default values.

It might be worth asking Texecom directly on their forum, it may even have been asked before why is can be different and what the difference actually means. I suspect it means nothing as there is no formal guidance to change it to my knowledge.

I can see from some of the take overs I have done where the wireless keypad is not on zone nine the zone type is Custom or Entry Exit, the Device Mode EXP O/P 1-2. They still function correctly so i suspect the zone type is irrelevant but device mode critical.

I don't see any guidance as to what it should be. Rest assured I have always been advised that all Texecom devices learn on with the correct default values.

It might be worth asking Texecom directly on their forum, it may even have been asked before why is can be different and what the difference actually means. I suspect it means nothing as there is no formal guidance to change it to my knowledge.

I can see from some of the take overs I have done where the wireless keypad is not on zone nine the zone type is Custom or Entry Exit, the Device Mode EXP O/P 1-2. They still function correctly so i suspect the zone type is irrelevant but device mode critical.
Thanks, I have emailed Texecom to ask, will post when I hear back.

On this system the keypad is on zone 13. The mode is EXP O/P 1-2.

Dave

Thanks, I have emailed Texecom to ask, will post when I hear back.

On this system the keypad is on zone 13. The mode is EXP O/P 1-2.

Dave
Hi,

Texecom have confirmed my current config is correct, Keypad set to E/E.

Dave

I had no doubts it was valid, did they not answer on the difference between the modes.

like I said all devices learn on with the correct default values.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back