Texecom Premier + GSM Module

the rep that came out monday says there is another touch screen coming out soon that has a bit more bits on it.

not sure what but he said he would forward one to me when they come out!!

freebies,,,,, love em!!!!!!!

i might even change my old G18 at home, sometime, it works, comms ok,
(ok i am you typical alarm engineer, every site is A1, but my house could do with a little tlc and i really should take to of the circuits off of zone prog 18 !!!!)

Sponsored Links
Ahh well, i'm way ahead, just swapped out my g3-144 for a gd-48 at home now the wife wants a tc for the bedroom, says shes fed up looking at the old mk7 :LOL: . going to hookup the ds2 when i get the chance.

Know what you mean though, busmans holiday eh. :p

Mine is too a G3-144, but i like it.
Did the GD-520 for a m8 with touch screen, it was damaged and old stock sent out by Honeywell, not I hasten to add the supplier. Some may know him on here!
Second one was better, still not that impressed.
He uploaded his logo onto it himself, bit of a geek, runs 100`s of servers!

Actually got a M12 there misbehaving too ( see it happens).
RSS works fine, used links for the CCTV. Gets pics on his lappy or Blackberry, that was hard work lol.

Must agree the MK7 is a bit dated looking but better than some of the blue backlit stuff.
Tex and Castle do a nice large text display.
But hey we are fools who know nothing apparently:D

alarm;
fools who no nothing

please don't tell my clients then, or i will be really in the shxt!!!!
i could always take out my nice shiny dimension and fit a yale!!!!!

ok hell will freeze over before THAT would happen!

but you have to consider the yale set ip, for a diyer, ain't that bad. i just couldn't, even force myself, to fit one, how embarrassing would that be,,,,,

pulls up to site in a fully logoed van then fits a little yellow box, with dry cell batteries in it!!!
oh god no.................

or i could go and work for the other yellow box company,,,,,,,,,,,then again, no thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,, couldn't do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh well back to the sql server set up again, debug time, bloody thing wont find three of the pc`s on the server,,, oh well there goes my sunday dinner again.

oasis

Sponsored Links
As before, a system fitted correctly and insured is better than a lash up.
Most if not all DIY IS A LASH UP. Why we rip out poo and fit better.
Sure Spacenittypoo will argue this.
I Actually have some respect for Yale guy, he seems to have some conviction and knowledge.
Wireless is going to be the way everyting goes.
Should have purchased free frequencies yrs ago!

Agree with you a little box with dry cells aint worth a toss. Heat and cold mess them up.

Agggggggggggggggg your mention of Aunty Daisy is well it is.......just a comment.
All I hear about them is they dont know the stuff they are working on!
Then again know of one who knows his stuff. Same all over really.

As before, a system fitted correctly and insured is better than a lash up.
Most if not all DIY IS A LASH UP. Why we rip out poo and fit better.
Sure Spacenittypoo will argue this.
I Actually have some respect for Yale guy, he seems to have some conviction and knowledge.
Wireless is going to be the way everyting goes.
Should have purchased free frequencies yrs ago!

Agree with you a little box with dry cells aint worth a toss. Heat and cold mess them up.

Agggggggggggggggg your mention of Aunty Daisy is well it is.......just a comment.
All I hear about them is they dont know the stuff they are working on!
Then again know of one who knows his stuff. Same all over really.

Spot on, its funny cos every time i hear or see yale, i think of yaleguy (dont mean that in a bad way btw) the guys got passion for what he does.

Thought Aunty Daisy could only do gal, saying that though, i,ve seen some rough gal work, but do know a few good hex boys that are really switched on!!

yeh i will agree there are some of Aunt Daisy that are seriously switched on,
but it far outweighs those who aren't!

which is a shame really, because they are the largest, unfortuently it don't mean they are the best>

they seem to buy the jobs and then charge silly money to fix em when they fail.

then so do most of the nationals, if the client has a full gold cover on his system with us, we cover everything, but it comes at a cost.

ah well back to a cctv site to play with a nice little (65 cam) system!
at least i will be in the warm!

Thanks for all of the replies guys, glad I have sparked some debate!

Im going to get the alarm up and running first then worry about the comms later!!!

Does anyone know what the latest issue of the Premier 48 installation manual is?
I cant download it from Texecom because it says for trade only!
I have managed to find INS176-EN Issue 4, is that the most recent?

Thanks!

Jim

I have managed to find version 6 on the net which I believe is the most recent?
Thanks

hi reguarding your gsm problem there is a cheaper way to fit a gsm to the panel . you will need a nokia 6310i a nokia dlr-3p lead and a texecom unicom lead it works the same as the gsm you can text to arm and disarm it will text via the nokia if you have no phone line hope this helps

We have been installing alarm systems for over 30 years and did until recently offer sms alerts from intruder alarms.

All this talk of unreliability.....the fact is we were all using a service that was 'there' it was not provided for our use. o2 vodafone and the like do not get paid for the service so obviously do not support it. and now o2 has turned theirs off and we are all using the vodafone sms centre there certainly are congestion issues at peak periods.

We have a customer that owns a telecoms company that has created their own TAP gateway service specifically for the intruder/fire alarm market.

This system is open for anyone to use as they generate their fees from the call cost (50p), as a safety precaution to ensure that there is enough capacity with the receivers each receiving devices telephone number has to be registered with the supplier.

Shortly this number will become part of factory defaults with many of the leading alarm panel manufacturers.

Previous services were unsupported as the sms centre owners received no payment for their systems been used.

so where did the 10-12p per message go then ? ? ?

I will not claim to know the answer to that question, but I presume all the call charge went to the supplier at the premises ( bt talk talk etc...)

I stand by what I said that there is certainly a demand for this service. And you are wrong it is going to be published by at least one of the manufacturers within a week and others are testing it now.

You can try it out if you like and see how reliable it is :)

The panel manufacturers I have spoken to were looking at support for BT's fixed line SMS service. With 200 SMS free in most calling plans, then it would be a no brainer to use. The only downside with this is that it's only available on BT landlines at the moment.

Of course a 50p per dial SMS service has it's place. Although, I'd be interested to hear what your response would be to your customers who come to you with a £100 phone bill due to the alarm dialing the premium rate number. Since you programmed the number in, do you pay out ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back