Texecom premium compact QD detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me as to how l should programme, set up, and what l can expect to see in Wintex when the detector is connected, and programmed correctly. The detector is a Texecom Premire Compact QD. Should it be - n/c - double pole - eol , and do l have to use the tamper`s? l am so confused.
Panel 64w
Smartcom.

Sponsored Links
you can use eol, the 64W only has two terminals not four.

so first alarm last tamper from the qd, wire into the 64W zone, select correct resistors, program as double pole eol for wiring type

Sponsored Links
I am unable to set my alarm, the 2- wired detectors are coming up on the keypads as being "active", I understand this means "open".
They are Texecom compact qd, and programmed as dp/eol with the resistors on the alarm / tamper.
I am sure that it is a small problem, for someone with experience of these matters, please help.

pictures of the wiring at the PIR end, and of the jumpers selected.

picture of the wiring type for one of the zones and a picture of the zones in the panel.

You could also go into engineering, engineer utils, view zone status, go to one the zones and take apicture of what it displays.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I am getting a lot of "reset" messages - system reset - anti code reset-
Quote >1947
Reply >- - - -

Attachments

• DSC02683.JPG
    DSC02683.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC02681.JPG
    DSC02681.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC02687.JPG
    DSC02687.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC02689.JPG
    DSC02689.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC02690.JPG
    DSC02690.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 160
The 001 zone status is ACTIVE, infact all the 8 zones are showing ACTIVE.

Well the answer is your PIR is wired incorrectly.

you should have 2 wires for power and 2 wires for EOL.

You have wired 2 wires for the alarm and two wires for the tamper.

take the middle two wires out, and make sure you have red in first alarm, and orange in last tamper.

zones 3 to 8 are not being used so you can set them to not used.

looking at the picture if you take out green and yellow, and put the orange where the yellow one was, you should be okay,

Many thanks, do I have to change the wiring at the panel also?

if your PIR's illuminate hen you walk in front of them, then the power cables don't need redoing.
if you use the wires suggested then then zones don't need redoing.
The green and yellow can be removed from the panel and replaced with a link between the two terminals as the zones will not be using the global tamper circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back