Texecom ricochet bell box sounding randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last 3 mornings whilst we are up and around one of my 2 wireless bell boxes has sounded and I'm unable to turn it off. Nothing comes up in the panel (prem elite 24) nothing in the event log.

Checked ricochet diagnosis and box has signal (41 just now) and in contact within last 1 minute. Recommissioned mesh on first day.

Oddly it only sounds off once and it has been between 8:15 and 8:45 am.

Any ideas??

It would be the one at the very top of the house too that I had to borrow a very long ladder to install 6 months ago

Sponsored Links
If there is nothing in the log then the wireless device isn't reporting back to the panel in the first instance.

wireless bell will activate if powered when they go into tamper, unfortunately it does mean you have to have the ladders to take a look.

does the sun hit the device around that time of day?

I'll get the ladders at the weekend and see if the box has triggered a tamper. In the meantime I've deleted it from the panel in the hope it shuts it up

Today it actually went off twice within half an hour.

The sun does hit the box at that time of the morning yes- would that trigger it?, Strange how it's only now done this after being up in the same spot for 6 months.

Sponsored Links
Bell box tamper switch could be on it's limit, and may need adjusting.
When the heat of the sun hits the bell box cover,this can cause the polycarbonate lid to expand.This then causes a tamper fault on the bell box.
Adjust the tamper microswitch and this will prevent from happening again.
While you have a ladder mite be a good idea to change batteries as well. I know they are 6 months old, whilst up ladder and dry weather ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back