texecom veritas or elite 24 zone type

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Hello,

Is there an option or zone type to monitor a door using magnetic contact as follows:

no PIN codes to be used.
no arming or disarming to be done.

and whenever the door is open the internal sounder keeps chiming or quacking, and once the door is closed the sound is stopped. Furthermore, i want once the door is open a count of 1 minute goes off then the internal sounder goes on.

Sponsored Links
you can certainly get the door to chime without setting and unsetting, but continuously while the door is open no.

You could use a custom zone an a premier and use the warning tone and program the warning delay, so it wouldn't go off initially. Not used it in a long time and 2 minutes sits in my head as a timer value but I could be wrong.

with the Veritas, which one do you have and I'll have a think, you can use a push to set zone type and have that zone to chime, but it wouldn't be continuous and there wouldn't be a delay in sounding. (used for a door bell option), can only be used if the alarm set isn't using exit terminator.

Are you using the panels as a burglar as well as this function, I ask as that may limit the options available.

for example, you could program the veritas not to log out of engineering and stick it in a walk test, that would indeed beep if the door was left open, but there wouldn't be a delay and t would display on the keypad, only issue is someone could lo out of engineering.

There are other possibilities but would need to know how you are using the system in its entirety and then what compromises you are prepared to make.
Then it would need testing to see how close it gets you to what you want.

You could say, use a tamper zone on the veritas, and turn on the bell for the tamper and program a bell delay?

would need to be tested to confirm, the only issue would be any tamper would do the same thing.

So yes you can make the panel do things but depends on the rest of the system useage and would require testing to prove it did what you want.
I don't have the time to do that for free, even if I had more information as it would require testing on the panel and firmware you have to ensure it does work for you.

you can certainly get the door to chime without setting and unsetting, but continuously while the door is open no.

You could use a custom zone an a premier and use the warning tone and program the warning delay, so it wouldn't go off initially. Not used it in a long time and 2 minutes sits in my head as a timer value but I could be wrong.

with the Veritas, which one do you have and I'll have a think, you can use a push to set zone type and have that zone to chime, but it wouldn't be continuous and there wouldn't be a delay in sounding. (used for a door bell option), can only be used if the alarm set isn't using exit terminator.

Are you using the panels as a burglar as well as this function, I ask as that may limit the options available.

for example, you could program the veritas not to log out of engineering and stick it in a walk test, that would indeed beep if the door was left open, but there wouldn't be a delay and t would display on the keypad, only issue is someone could lo out of engineering.

There are other possibilities but would need to know how you are using the system in its entirety and then what compromises you are prepared to make.
Then it would need testing to see how close it gets you to what you want.

You could say, use a tamper zone on the veritas, and turn on the bell for the tamper and program a bell delay?

would need to be tested to confirm, the only issue would be any tamper would do the same thing.

So yes you can make the panel do things but depends on the rest of the system useage and would require testing to prove it did what you want.
I don't have the time to do that for free, even if I had more information as it would require testing on the panel and firmware you have to ensure it does work for you.

Thank you for the vast information first.

i am using the panel only to monitor that door and warn me not as burglar alarm, preferably to use a Veritas panel, but the option for using priemer 24 is on the table too.

I will be testing your suggestions hope it will function as wanted

Sponsored Links
In that case the options are numerous.

A Veritas panel can do the job, using any 24 hr zone type and a bell delay, but you should test to see what suits you best.

On the elite 24 panel you could still use area A for the burglar alarm use area B say for the door, you could then use local bell instead of global bell, have one bell on area a, and program its bell timers, and a separate bell on area b and program that up, you would have wire one of the bells to be fired from outputs and the other could be wired to the panel.

Its how you combine things together, and whether when tested it does exactly what you want or to be fine tuned if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back