Texecom veritas r8, alarm sometimes trigger on entering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an 9 year old texecom veritas 8 alarm. Over the last month or so,on about 5 occasions, the alarm has triggered when I have entered the front door, which usually starts the count down timer. I haven't been able to work out if the alarm has triggered the second I have opened the door, or if it has triggered when I have tried to punch the code in. I haven't looked into which zone has triggered yet, I will do this later.

If the front door contact was jammed in the closed position, would the alarm sound when I enter the code?

What else may cause this?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes if the contact is stuck closed and the hallway sensor if you have one is on access .this will cause and alarm activation.
Do you no the zone number of the front door ?
If zone one enter code and see if zone 1 lit on keypad.
Or put chime on front door to see if alarm chimes when door is opened.
If contact stuck you could try to unstick by
Use screwdriver handle and gently tap contact on front door.
Also you say about 9 years old.When was the last time the control panel battery was replace as a faulty battery also causes unknown issues with the alarm

Any alarm on the veritas when the code is entered will display the activation on the keypad led?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back