Texecom Wintex Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 different Premier Elite 64 systems installed. I added a smartcom connected via cat5 to all of them.
Everything was working fine, Wintex and Texecom app, but recently when I try to login via wintex using "connect via smartcom", it asks for my 6 -digit texecom connect app code which i enter, (generated from the Texecom App, 'Add mobile device'). But it says 'please check your connection and try again'. This is the same for all 3 systems. It must be a Wintex issue.
Texecom app is working fine still.

Wintex is the latest version 7.2. Panel software version is selected correctly in Wintex.
It stopped working about 2 months ago.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The current version of Wintex is 8.1.0

The current version of the Smartcom firmware is 4.00.11

Smartcom firmware version 3.03.00 will still allow a connection from Wintex version 7.2, but I am not sure if earlier versions of the Smartcom firmware will still allow a connection from Wintex as all of my sites are currently on Smartcom firmware version 3.03.00 or above.

What firmware version do you currently have on the Smartcom?

There are several different builds of Wintex 7.2 around. I am using Build 3.1 (In windows go to Help - About the Build number is underneath the version number)

Sponsored Links
Download the latest version if that still doesn’t work, generate app codes and reset them up.

The smartcom connections require latest security certificates but other connections don’t.

It has been said by Texecom that the tokens change, but not sure as regularly update wintex when available for latest firmware panels and rarely seems to be an issue

I have just updated to Wintex 8.1 but im still getting the same error after putting in the 6 digit texecom app code.

App codes are only valid for 60 minutes.

Do you have the correct panel details and correct udl passcode in the account?

Its hard to say what is going on for sure and would only be able to confirm by attempting a login with the fresh app code and udl.

What version is the smart com this is available in the app, be aware that depending on the version it may not be possible to upgrade the smartcom.

Hi, the smartcom is 03.03.00.
When you say login with fresh app code and udl. what does that involve?

Wintex needs a udl passcode to connect, this should already be in your profile.

App codes can be generated from the alarm panel or the Texecom connect App.

I have tried all suggestions to no avail.
Is there a way to basically reset and try again within Wintex?

Without taking a look personally can't comment as to what issues there are that need resolving.

If your free and can provide me with the following privately:-

panel and version
engineers code
Udl passcode
and an app code less than 60 minutes old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back