Thank you dave @ gas 4 you!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks to you Dave for your assistance the other day with my worcester bosch 30 si.(pressure dropping)
After finding 1 litre of water had come from the safety discharge / prv I called my plumber. He said it sounds like the expansion tank had failed and told me to call worcester out.(warranty)

Next morning I called them and received a same day visit...excellent.

Their engineer removed the casing from the boiler and spotted the fault immediately.......the orange plug was still in-situ and the label "please remove plug and connect expansion vessel" was still in place.
Consequently every time the system got hot it threw out a litre of water and then dropped below the green area on the pressure gauge, leading me to top up again....vicious circle!

The engineer connected the necessary pipe and fitted a new prv just in case the old one leaked.

SO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH DAVE you are definitely one of the good guys!! :D :D :D

On a more serious note to anyone reading this post, I have now been caught out twice by shoddy workmanship from two CORGI registered fitters. The above being one instance and the other, when I had a living flame fire and surround fitted. :(

On that job the fitter didn't seal around the cavity where the fire surround met the wall. Because of this the fire was spilling fumes back into the room.
Every time we put the fire on we went very sleepy. Corgi came out and slapped his wrist and told him to put the job right.

That could potentially have killed my family, especially my kids who were 18 months and 3 and a half as obviously they would have succumbed sooner to carbon monoxide poisoning. He offered me £50 and a free service on my boiler....a joke!! :evil:

I see a lot of talk on here whilst looking through, with people bemoaning non corgi registered installers and would be the first to agree that a standard needs to be set.

However, once engineers have "their ticket" some seem to forget what they have learnt and decide that their way is better or quicker; both of my experiences have shown me that having a CORGI registration stands for nothing, if the engineer does not have pride in their work and a wish to provide a good service; using correct methods to ensure "A JOB WELL DONE."
So to all those conscientious engineers out there "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK" :D to the others go and get a job where you won't endanger lives......shelf stacking at asda! :LOL:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards Andy.

Sponsored Links
I am amazed the orange plug stayed in place under pressure as this is just a blanking plug for transit.. If boiler had been fitted downstairs you would have got a fair bit of a flood if it had come out.

As for Corgi some of the best engineers about are not corgi reg and some of the worst are, trouble is being registered doesn`t give you common sense or make you an engineer.. But what is the alternative

Namsag the Orange plug is held in with the same clip which is used to connect the expansion vessel hose.

I have to say having fitted mainly Juniors and Si's for the last year this is a slight draw back with these models.

However if you have a strict installation process then god knows how it could ever be left un connected.

How the hell did he not notice the pressure when he did the hot flush or commisioning of the central heating I wonder :?: :idea:

Stan

Cheers pannierstan forgot it was held in, Only done the one and that was couple of months ago.. I am surprised he got the PRV right as they are not the best design , i would imagine on a uneven wall they would be difficult to engage

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
Cheers pannierstan forgot it was held in, Only done the one and that was couple of months ago.. I am surprised he got the PRV right as they are not the best design , i would imagine on a uneven wall they would be difficult to engage
Yeah your right another oddity.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back