Corgi registration

B

Bamber gaspipe

As some may know, I gave up my Corgi badge a while back due to the fact that it was a total waste of my time & my money. However, I am still as succesful as ever due to the fact that I now present my credentials as a gas fitter to potential customers & explain that Corgi is a register only & not a qualification.
It`s about time every gas installer/fitter done the same to put these monkeys out of business.

By the way I have never been asked to produce my corgi badge, ( good job now) ever & most of the bigger new build jobs like hotels, restaurants don`t give a flying f*ck anyway as long as the job is done correctly & safely.

Not being Corgi doesn`t make a dangerous installer/fitter/engineer as long as you are a trained & qualified gas operative.

I`m sure most on here would say that I shouldn`t have been registered anyway :D but here I am on one of my more sober moments.

Any opinions on this are welcome. Any insults or abuse are even more welcome. I just thought I would put it out there although I realise that most of you ( the Great unwashed ) are probably not worthy.

Have a nice day. :D

Sponsored Links
I see you're on a wind up mission again. I should think you are on most peoples ignore list by now.

But you are absolutely right, you always are, and that being the case I would be surprised if anyone misguidedly argues against you, oh great one. :rolleyes:

Legally, Corgi membership is a qualification. See GSIUR.
You're working uninsured of course, and your customers won't be able to register any guarantees on your installations.
Do you tell your customers you're working illegally?

I should think you are on most peoples ignore list by now.

Not your ignore list apparently, it was a serious proposal & was intended to open up the can of worms that is `Corgi`.

Sponsored Links
Legally, Corgi membership is a qualification. See GSIUR.
You're working uninsured of course, and your customers won't be able to register any guarantees on your installations.
Do you tell your customers you're working illegally?

I`m not working uninsured & all my work is notified & registered. All my work is guaranteed as per MIs.

I don`t seem to be on your ignore list either. Surprising. ;)

No RGI would like to be seen as a Corgi `member`. It`s a requirement.

I now present my credentials as a gas fitter to potential customers & explain that Corgi is a register only & not a qualification.

Not being Corgi doesn`t make a dangerous installer/fitter/engineer as long as you are a trained & qualified gas operative.

what you choose to do is entirely your business..

just for anyone else contemplating this career move it should be pointed out that the above is covered by Gas Regulation 3, para 3.

as such becomes a criminal act punnishable under criminal law not civil law, and can result in a stay at her majestys pleasure and a substantial fine.

have a nice day ;)

Clearly your reputation is such that customers are not in the slightest worried that you are not CORGI registered.

They are just pleased to have your expertise available to them.

A kind of modern day Robin Hood, except I presume you charge for your services. We will all be right behind you when you get caught out....... :evil:

whatdo iknow";p="

what you choose to do is entirely your business..

have a nice day ;)

Thanks for that, great input for what may well have been & could possibly be the greatest debate on this Forum, ever.

Have an opinion or don`t bother & add me to your ignore list . ;)

Clearly your reputation is such that customers are not in the slightest worried that you are not CORGI registered.

Correct.

They are just pleased to have your expertise available to them.

You appear to know me so well.

A kind of modern day Robin Hood, except I presume you charge for your services. We will all be right behind you when you get caught out....... :

I am not going to be `caught out` I am a fully qualified gas operative.

I was hoping for more of a debate regarding Corgi, obviously my charisma has prompted you all to make this about me. How flattering.

Yes, just think the following is feasible. You supply goods and services at a reasonable rate (even declaring earnings) to a consenting customer who's then satisfied with the work. Then your life is f****d up by an organisation only because you failed to pay them their tribute. If you weren't CORGI registered you'd be forgiven for thinking I was describing a scene from the Goodfellas.

You're working illegally so if I were the insurer I wouldn't cover you. Have you asked them?
Again - have you told your customers you are working illegally?
Whether we (legal workers) like it or not we are, "a member of a class of persons...". IE Members of Corgi.

I am a fully qualified gas operative.
No you aren't.

General question, what exactly is it about corgi, or being corgi registered that causes the problem. please dont say the cost, the annual fees are peanuts in relation to earning potential.

You're working illegally so if I were the insurer I wouldn't cover you. Have you asked them?
Again - have you told your customers you are working illegally?
Whether we (legal workers) like it or not we are, "a member of a class of persons...". IE Members of Corgi.

I am a fully qualified gas operative.
No you aren't.

How so? I have my ACS & elements to work on all appliances. Take off your High-vis jacket & smell the coffee mate.
Worked on any big commercial jobs with the Poles yet? More to the point do you work or just strut around your training centre with your set questions & desperately waiting for your next gas operative to assess, or should I call them `Muppets`. I remember you referring to operatives not as Godlike as yourself as being `Muppets`. ;) What a guy. :D

General question, what exactly is it about corgi, or being corgi registered that causes the problem. please dont say the cost, the annual fees are peanuts in relation to earning potential.

The annual inspection perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back